to save some money on passport photos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlw03

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so a lot of schools request passport-sized photos at some point. i realize this would have been more usefull 4 months ago, but i just found out about it, so i thought i'd pass it on for next year's applicants or people running a bit behind schedule.

walmart has a machine (at least the one near me has it) where you can make 16 copies of a passport photo for $5. the machine is in the photo center and it's real easy to use. so basically you have to get one passport photo and then you can a whole bunch more real cheap. it's alot better than having to spend $10 for every pair at a mail boxes etcetera or something like that.

just thought i'd share the info. you can send all that money you saved to me directly. :D

Members don't see this ad.

You can also take a passport-sized digital photo of yourself, put 10 on a page, and go to kinko's. Then, print a color copy of the page on nice paper twice and you have twenty copies for $3 without having to buy a single passport photo for $10.

Hooray for cheap pics!!

:clap:

I took a digital photo, cropped it, fit 9 to a page and printed it on thick paper stock that I already had. I did utilize the work color laser since the color inkjet at home could possibly smear when wet.

Cost = $0

Members don't see this ad :)
Took a white bed sheet, attached it to the wall with pins as background. Took about 20 digital pictures of myself. The one that looked the best I cropped at 2X2 and fit 6 on a page (4X6 size). Ordered 4 of the 4X6 prints at Walmart for 0.48 cents a piece. I got a total of 24 passport size pictures, professional looking, for a total cost of $ 1.92.
Good luck.

Beating the system: Priceless.

for the korean people out there who live near big korean communities...

some of the bigger supermarkets like arirang in garden grove have picture places and go work your mojo and strike a deal with them. or if you have the korean moms that love to bargain down things then have her negotiate...;)

i got my pictures within the hour....i got close to 40 pics for 25 bucks if you pay in cash. if not then its 5 dollar credit card fee and you pay 30.

Originally posted by OrthoFixation
I took a digital photo, cropped it, fit 9 to a page and printed it on thick paper stock that I already had. I did utilize the work color laser since the color inkjet at home could possibly smear when wet.

Cost = $0

exactly what i did, $0 :)

i spent $1 at officemax.

I scanned a photo of myself. Photoshopped the jpg to make myself look seckzi.
Then i pasted 16 of them on one sheet.
Went to officemax, and they printed it on photo paper with the color laser jet.

Nice and cheap, especially when you don't have a good color printer, or the glossy paper.....

Go dig up those 200 extra senior photos you have left over from high school and cut those down. Thats what I did, along with a lot of other people I know. However, make sure to send the dressed up pic, not the one in your varsity jacket holding a football or flute.