uclawill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi guys, I have another quick question.

I have a D which was a mistake on my transcript and the professor has dissapeared from the country.

This means that the department vice chair is to take care of the grade for me, however he told me he does not come back till auguest 18th.

other than that, my application is ready to send out, dats are being taken at the end of this month

should i submit it, and then change my transcript later? or should i wait and get the grade settled before submitting it?

thanks

aurora507

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Since AADSAS is doing frequent mailings, waiting until August 18th shouldn't be a problem, if you don't want to have to deal with sending a letter to each school informing them of your situation. That's what I would do to avoid any complications (because the schools will probably wait for your fixed transcript anyway), esp. since your DAT scores won't get there until next month.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status
Dentist
I disagree depending on what you mean by submit. Did you already send your transcripts to AADSAS or are you waiting until aug 18th to send your transcrips to AADSAS?

Is your D in a prerequisite course for dental school?
Is the D a major factor in your GPA?

if the answer is no to both of these, I'd just submit and explain later. if you wait until August 18th to submit, that means you'd wait until then to send transcripts to AADSAS. It'll take the school a week probably to process your request, and another week for the transcripts to reach AADSAS. it'll take AADSAS several weeks to verify you transcripts and send the print out to schools. By then it could be the end of september, and would be getting a little later in the application cycle.

maybe instead you could type up a form letter that you would send to each dental school explaining that the D is being changed to a whatever. nPrint out all the copies to different school admissions offices and when you go to get the Vice-chair to change your grade, ask if he will sign the letters (you might want to bring a copy of the letter on disk or jump drive too so you could ask them to be printed on department letterhead). then just send them to the schools.

About the Ads

aurora507

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I thought what the OP meant was that everything is already set (transcripts verified, LORs received, etc.) and the app e-submitted. If not, then I agree that you should submit now and get those documents in asap.

Da Bomb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
submit your AADSAS with the correct grade. Send your transcripts once the grade has been changed by the prof. No need to confuse everyone at AADSAS and at the schools. Keep the problem between you and the prof. Just make sure the prof will change it and that the grade you put on your AADSAS is the grade you are going to have reflected on your transcript once the prof changes it.

About the Ads