To the peeps who have already gone thru it :

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

priyanka

Neuro-tic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I m taking the actual MCAT in August 2006 I am thinking of taking the kaplan prep course designed for April MCAT takers. Do you guys think this is a good idea to go about it or not..
I have debated between tpr and kaplan and finally convinced that I wanna do Kaplan, the only problem is , should I take the one designed for april because I was thinking, that would give me that much extra time to study...
thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

priyanka said:
So, I m taking the actual MCAT in August 2006 I am thinking of taking the kaplan prep course designed for April MCAT takers. Do you guys think this is a good idea to go about it or not..
I have debated between tpr and kaplan and finally convinced that I wanna do Kaplan, the only problem is , should I take the one designed for april because I was thinking, that would give me that much extra time to study...
thanks..

If you're applying next year, take the April MCAT!! Over winter break start all your kaplan crap. Or, save your money, Kaplan blows.

You better take the Kaplan course designed for the new computer MCAT because this April is the last writen MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
priyanka said:
thanks..

I signed up for the Kaplan class last summer even though I'm taking it in April. It turned out to be a good idea because I found out how much time it takes just to go to their classes and I would have never been able to do it during the school year. The best part about their classes is the full-length timed tests. I suspended my enrollment last summer right before the full-lengths. Now I can go to the full-lengths with the people in the April classes. This worked out great for me because I have had all their material since this summer and I also get to do the full lengths right before the actual test. You have to waive the high score guarantee if you do what I did so keep that in mind.

hmm.. you'd be finished with your prep course 4 months before the testdate. Kinda weird. If you're this motivated to study early, it may be better to dedicate yourself to just learning the science on your own during those earlier months. Then you can take the prep course for the August exam and have the benefits of their practice without having to worry about learning all the material. The only good reasons to take a prep course are to take simulated practice exams. You can learn all the science on your own with EK before. Coming out of the August prep course, I'd assumed you'll be more in the test-taking mood kaplan puts you in.

remo said:
I signed up for the Kaplan class last summer even though I'm taking it in April. It turned out to be a good idea because I found out how much time it takes just to go to their classes and I would have never been able to do it during the school year. The best part about their classes is the full-length timed tests. I suspended my enrollment last summer right before the full-lengths. Now I can go to the full-lengths with the people in the April classes. This worked out great for me because I have had all their material since this summer and I also get to do the full lengths right before the actual test. You have to waive the high score guarantee if you do what I did so keep that in mind.

you're good!

I'm taking in August as well. I will be doing Kaplan this summer too. I got the big Kaplan bible and the EK package to go through before the class. That way I can focus on strategy and practice materials rather than content all summer.

BrettBatchelor said:
I'm taking in August as well. I will be doing Kaplan this summer too. I got the big Kaplan bible and the EK package to go through before the class. That way I can focus on strategy and practice materials rather than content all summer.

This, my friend, is a very wise plan.