To the students who applied D’Youville College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
aww, sorry to hear that. I'm sure someone will drop out. School doesn't start until end of August? it's still early. Hopefully you will hear back before school starts in the Fall :) Did you apply anywhere else?

Hi everyone

I have been waiting to hear back from D'youville for a while now. They told me I would hear back from them early january. Since its almost the end of jan I decied to email them asking when I would be hearing about my accpetance or denial. I got an email this morning stating:

"Due to the number of students already accepted into the program for the fall 2012 semester the department is not reviewing any applications at this time. Your application is currently on hold...... "

I wish they would have informed me earlier. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I sent my application two weeks ago , and I am sure I will be getting the same email as you. Nothing was mentioned to me when I called the department and asked it was too late to apply :(((

This is not good, but I’ll remain positive:thumbup:. I also e-mailed them on my status and will probably get the same reply. They sent me an e-mail on Saturday to complete my financial aid, so perhaps they will review applications in the future…:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
aww, sorry to hear that. I'm sure someone will drop out. School doesn't start until end of August? it's still early. Hopefully you will hear back before school starts in the Fall :) Did you apply anywhere else?

Yes I applied to Baypath College, uthsc-sa, and utmb. Its so hard to get accpeted into these OT schools so thats why im a lil bummed that D'youville isnt reviewing anymore applications. The more schools that look at my application the better chance of possibly getting in.

Hi everyone

I have been waiting to hear back from D'youville for a while now. They told me I would hear back from them early january. Since its almost the end of jan I decied to email them asking when I would be hearing about my accpetance or denial. I got an email this morning stating:

"Due to the number of students already accepted into the program for the fall 2012 semester the department is not reviewing any applications at this time. Your application is currently on hold...... "

I wish they would have informed me earlier. :(

Do you know when your application and supporting documents were received by? Including LORs and stuff?

OTIg2- Yes my application was complete Dec. 20, 2011

Hmmm okay thanks for sharing that! Don't give up yet though because that just means that they have to wait until some of the people they have already accepted turn down their acceptance before they can offer any more seats. And trust me, a lot of people decline acceptances. :)

I applied to Bay Path also and I got accepted in early December. I was told I have until March to make a decision as to whether or not I will attend. Bay Path has been really good to work with so far.

:eek: Just received this :

"Thank you for your continued interest in D’Youville College! I am sorry to say that the OT program for Fall ’12 has been closed since the end of December 2011. We could defer you to Fall ’13 if you like. Please let us know what your plans are. Looking forward to hearing from you soon."

I’ve sent them two e-mails regarding my status and I’m still waiting for a response…

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called them and was told: the Dept. has stopped reviewing applications b/c the class is filled. If enrollment changes, they will resume reviewing applications. If nothing changes, they can defer my application for fall 2013.

Man, every year it's getting harder and harder to get into OT schools. Good luck guys.:)

that school notifies students way too soon and expect them to make a decision within 1 month....no schools notify their applicants that soon so you either have to take a risk to accept their offer or reject it. anyway, good luck everyone!

My 'waitlist' letter sort of confused me. It said the class for Fall 2012 has been filled and if spots are dropped by May then they will take from the waitlist. Then it said they would "defer my ACCEPTANCE to Fall 2013 if I don't end up getting in for 2012." Does this mean they are guaranteeing me a spot for the following year if I don't come off the waitlist for this coming cycle? The word acceptance threw me. Did anyone else get this? Also, did anyone consider SUNY Buffalo's program as well? It's a combined BS/MS where you enter in as a transfer junior.

My 'waitlist' letter sort of confused me. It said the class for Fall 2012 has been filled and if spots are dropped by May then they will take from the waitlist. Then it said they would "defer my ACCEPTANCE to Fall 2013 if I don't end up getting in for 2012." Does this mean they are guaranteeing me a spot for the following year if I don't come off the waitlist for this coming cycle? The word acceptance threw me. Did anyone else get this? Also, did anyone consider SUNY Buffalo's program as well? It's a combined BS/MS where you enter in as a transfer junior.

It just means that if you don't get in for Fall 2012 from the waiting list, your application will get moved to Fall 2013, but you must indicate that you want to be put into for Fall 2013 and you will be among the others to be considered first for Fall 2013, before they review other applicants.

What are you guys doing for housing? Anyone know what locations/streets are safe?

By the way, D'youville e mailed me my financial aid package yesterday. I submitted fafsa about 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Hey Bruin,

I also received my financial aid package yesterday...loans! woo hoo! haha. As far as housing, I am not sure. I am planning on heading to Buffalo in the beginning of April to check out the area for apartments (pending that I don't get accepted into Western Michigan). I will let you know what I find out when I head there. What city/state are you heading from?

Hey OTdude,

Hope we hear back good news for us both from WMU next week. I tried emailing them today to find out if they were still on schedule. No response yet.

Hey gym,

I knowwwwwwwww! I cannot wait to hear back from them! I bet we get both of our letters next Saturday. Are you for sure going to W. Mich if you are accepted?

I'm coming to D'youville from the Los Angeles area. It's a big move, so I'm a little nervous. I've been looking at craigslist and it seems pretty easy to find a place near school that is relatively cheap ($350-$500 a month). The only thing is I dont know which area is good or bad.

I did a street view using google maps and they all look pretty bad/unsafe haha.

Hey gym,

I knowwwwwwwww! I cannot wait to hear back from them! I bet we get both of our letters next Saturday. Are you for sure going to W. Mich if you are accepted?
Not positive yet. It's definitely high on my list. I'd be comparing every last detail with PITT. Both schools are equally distance from my family by 4 hrs... so both are ideal. I just want to know and at this point my anxiety is very high that I'll be rejected since it seems getting into programs has seemed like luck of the draw for me. haha

Gym--your stats are amazing and Western would be missing out if they didn't accept you.

Bruin-I have a friend in Buffalo who is sending me an apartment listing guide for the schools in the area. I will try to scan it into my computer and upload it somehow so everyone can see it. I won't have it for a few weeks at best, though.

Thanks Otdude, that's really kind. :)

I am wishing the best for all applicants on these boards that I see posting often.. You can tell everyone has invested a lot in this process.

Hey BruitOt and others.. have you checked out CityData's forum? People are usually right on the money about giving people information about areas.
I glanced at this thread and hopefully it will be helpful site to gain info:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/buffalo-area/1418338-west-coast-dyouville-january-apts-car.html

Any guys in the program at D'Youville interested in renting out an apartment? Send me a message with your phone number and we can try to figure something out!

Chris

Gave my deposit for Fall 2012 and took a campus tour/met with financial aid today. See you all in a couple months!

Last edited:
To the people who got accepted into DYC's OT Program, do you mind sharing your stats? I just sent in my application a couple of weeks ago and was told that decision letters will be sent out late January! Is there still no interview? Waiting is seriously the hardest part!!!

Hey all! I just found out via phonecall that I've been accepted to the program starting fall 2013. You should be getting notified soon :)

To the people who got accepted into DYC's OT Program, do you mind sharing your stats? I just sent in my application a couple of weeks ago and was told that decision letters will be sent out late January! Is there still no interview? Waiting is seriously the hardest part!!!

There's no interview.. my stats when I applied were: cumulative GPA: 3.557 and 42 hours of observation

I did! I just got the acceptance call today!!! SUCH a relief!!! :)

Hey everyone,

I am currently in the Masters program at D'Youville College. I was in your exact shoes about a year ago (you can see my posts above!!!). Feel free to message me with specific questions about D'Youville's program and I will do what I can to help you! To those of you who were already accepted, congratulations!!

Hey Ya'll

For everyone recent or past accepted in D'Youville OT masters program, I was wondering how long it took to get an Acceptance call after your files were sent up for review? Mine should be sent up next week for the Fall2014 and I was just wondering if it was quick or a coupe weeks?

Also, if some of you wouldnt mind sharing (that were accepted) what were your GPA's like? Mine is good I am just so anxious I am trying to get a feel of what I might expect

Can everyone that got accepted or declined from D'youville college post their stats please! That would be super helpful, thanks!