To those that are having Posting/Password problems.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's hope!

After a long trial period, I finally figured it out. Here was my problem--for every little thing clicked on, it kept asking me for my password. Sound similar? Keep reading!

From posting, to control panel, to PMs to. . . whatever...and after a long wait and bypassing a bunch of screens asking me for my p/w, I finally got a message saying that "no thread was specified, contact the admin" or something like that. So, here's what you do ti fix it.

1. Go to Tools--Options--Delete Cookies. (this will delete any of the previous "offline saved stuff" from your computer.

2. Figure out how to get into Control Panel (you will have to put in your password a few times) and click NO on both the "cookie questions."

3. Save that info. Most likely, it will log you out by now. So, close your Internet Explorer window, and open a new one, and get back on SDN Control Panel. MAKE SURE YOUR CHANGES ARE SAVED. i.e., those two "cookie questions" should still be clicked as "NO."

4. Close Explorer again.

5. Open Explorer (we're almost there)

6. Type in the main website addy: www.studentdoctor.com You've GOTTA do this, do NOT use the page stored in your history. YOu have to type this into the address field.

7. click on Forums

8. At the bottom of the screen, type your user name and p/w. And you're in. Your p/w, will somehow will be saved and you will not have to type it in for eternity only to get a blank screen.

I can't take credit for this, ofcourse. Somebody posted similar help like this in the Everyone Forum. Just thought I'd share.

Finally happy to be posting,
Tweetie

Members don't see this ad.

LOL OMG! I WANT YOU TO HAVE MY CHILDREN! IT WORKED!

LOL BLZ...good to have you back on board!!!

I have more info for you guys, I posted the same in PreAllo, and thought my MCAT kiddies could use it too.
---------------------------
ok,
one more thing I should say. I've noticed that with BOTH my "cookie questions" being answered as "NO", I am having to type my p/w every time I want to check this site.

There's a way around this. Here's what you do.

Get back on SDN. Click on any particular forum you want to post in (eg: PreAllo). At the bottom of the screen you should see a place where you can sign in with your user name and password. Type those in. Then, another screen opens up for you, where on the top right hand side it says "Wecome (usename)". Ok, so THIS IS the site you always want to open to, right? Read ahead.....

With that page open, you go to "Tools" and "OPtions" Under "HOMEPAGE" field, you should see a place where you can type in any http:// address. You don't have to type anything. Just click on "USE CURRENT" and a website address will show up in the field automatically.

Click on OK.

This gets the job done. Just to double check, close explorer. Open explorer again. BOOM! Whaddya get? The page you had "saved" as "current page" now opens up as your main page when you start internet explorer. Plus, you're already logged in. :) Ofcourse, this only works if you can handle having SDN as your main opening page.

Happy posting!
Tweetie

Members don't see this ad :)