To those waiting for paper score reports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relatively prime

post happy member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not knowing your MCAT scores now actually costs you a lot more than $15 if you plan on submitting AMCAS within the next 3 weeks. By not knowing your MCAT scores now you are probably unsure of what schools you should apply to... so you will probably either wait to submit AMCAS (which costs you in the admissions game) OR you will apply to a bunch of extra schools just to make sure that you have enough "reach" and "safety" schools no matter what your MCAT scores turn out to be... and at $30 a school, that costs you a lot.

For example, I had planned on applying to 35 schools through AMCAS... once I got my MCAT scores I was able to narrow my list down to 30.... that saved me $150!! So I know my $15 was well spent.

Just something to think about. :)

Members don't see this ad.

street philosopher,
i'm bitter about this prime dude. he thinks he's an adcom member

Members don't see this ad :)
bruinkid: what makes you think that?

rel. prime, if you really are an adcom member, tell me which school you're at and if you can hook it up. hehehe

Uh... hello? Like everyone knows I'm on the admissions commitee at Harvard... duh!

bruinkid: Sorry if I pissed you off... I was just trying to give my perspective. I am defending all of those (including myself) who paid the extra $15 to AAMC. People who are waiting for their paper scores seem to be making a statement or are protesting some injustice. Which is great! I admire that... all the power to them! But it's only fair that I present my case... my side of the story.

Peace, ok? :)

For those of us whose application isn't ready by now, waiting for the scores would also seem appropriate.

RT

•••quote:•••Originally posted by RT:
•For those of us whose application isn't ready by now, waiting for the scores would also seem appropriate.

RT•••••Yes. True... that's why I said "plan on submitting within the next 3 weeks." :)

Sorry... I really didn't mean to piss anyone off here. :)

relatively prime-
we know you didn't mean to piss anyone off-- they're just taking it the wrong way. but i can understand why-- they're waiting and waiting for their scores.
they said all along, i'm not giving any more money to aamc folks. but when they hear everyone else posting their scores, it's eating em up inside! plus someone said that they're not going to be receiving them till the 20th on another thread??
that's a long wait- when most of us found out on the 7th. was it the 7th. i forget.
anyways- if you can stick it out for your paper scores- then all the more power to you. but i do agree- if your amcas is ready to go- pop in the credit card # and take one school of that list, and more importantly, remove that nervous load off your back.

Yeah, I gave in to the peer pressure last night and checked. laviddee, I saw how you were egging people like me on from that other thread...and I was sooo adamant not to check until my paper scores came in. But heck, I have my AMCAS all ready to go and it was burning up in my hands. Now I can get it out this weekend!

bmblee!
way to join the dark side!

so you're happy with your score!
congratulations!
dave

i guess im one of the few who are still camping out in front of the mail box, since i lost my password :rolleyes: :oops: