To those who haven't been accepted yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denticized

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This forum is supposed to be a support for all of us.
I have called a few schools and they all say that they like reapplicants and often times value them more highly since they seem to be persistantly committed. Therefore, do not lose hope. Apply next year.

I do not know if this is a comfort to your guys but think about the fact that almost 65% (the majority) of applicants do not get accepted each cycle so you are not among the minority.

I personally believe that you guys are equally deserving and perhaps even more deserving since you will stick around for next year. At the same time it's so unfair that alot of people who do not even like the field enter it for the sake of money. Those people are unfairly taking up your rightful seats.

I wish all of you success in whatever you do

(This message sounds as if I am very ill and about to die G-d forbid)

Members don't see this ad.

hahah... yeah.. i just say there is still time, and there is always another application cycle... so...

keep it positive!

hahah... yeah.. i just say there is still time, and there is always another application cycle... so...

keep it positive!

Tell that to my wallet...Oh yeah, if we apply again next cycle, does that mean we'll have to approach people for more LORs? Blagh

Members don't see this ad :)
if you went through your school's health profession office and sent your LOR's that way, u can reuse them for one more year. That is all that I know... and glad I did use my HPO. (this is with ur school where u went for ur undergrad)

Tell that to my wallet...Oh yeah, if we apply again next cycle, does that mean we'll have to approach people for more LORs? Blagh

Yes I'm a second time applicant and I had to get the LOR's again except for my state school. I dreaded that more than anything else in the re-application process. I didn't have the option CSI dentist was talking about, either, although I searched for it. Maybe your school will have it. Anyway...I just bucked up and asked the instructors and one dentist again and they were all very, very nice about it. So...it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared. Anyway, your stats are good so I'd be surprised if you didn't get it.