To Those With WashU Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Procrastinator

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to the GPA/MCAT of those accepted at WashU this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Procrastinator:
•Just curious as to the GPA/MCAT of those accepted at WashU this year.•••

MCAT: 35M
GPA: 3.84

:( I don't think I will get mine then... a tad lower

Members don't see this ad :)
Warpath:
Congrats men! Nice! I told you you'll get in.

jase:
cheer up; mine are lower too and I got in MD/PhD even.

moi:
MCAT: 33S
GPA: 3.8

:( 3.75 and 33P

Will try to cheer up :rolleyes:

When did you guys interview? I interviewed in mid-december and haven'y heard anything yet.

How did they inform you of interviews/aceptances?

E-mail, phonecall, letter, singing telegram? I want to know what to expect.

wolfman,

interview by email and letter, acceptance by the same method (I applied MSTP though, so regular MD might just get a letter).

Originally posted by bomback:
•When did you guys interview? I interviewed in mid-december and haven'y heard anything yet.•••
Interveiwed on the 11th of January, got acceptance by email on the 18th, acceptance letter in the mail on the 24th.

Originally posted by Original:
•Warpath:
Congrats men! Nice! I told you you'll get in.

jase:
cheer up; mine are lower too and I got in MD/PhD even.

moi:
MCAT: 33S
GPA: 3.8•••

Thanks man, looks like somebody likes me. Did you talk about your experiences in Nigeria at your interveiws? I laid it on thick.

:D

Actually I didn't get a chance to say anything about Nigeria at any of my interviews. They were mostly about mathematics stuff and research. I think that was because I didn't particularly mention Nigeria in any of my essays. What I consistently wrote was just that I'll hook them up with the rich cultural experiences that I aquired while growing up in West Africa. Will you be going to WashU?

Originally posted by Original:
•Actually I didn't get a chance to say anything about Nigeria at any of my interviews. They were mostly about mathematics stuff and research. I think that was because I didn't particularly mention Nigeria in any of my essays. What I consistently wrote was just that I'll hook them up with the rich cultural experiences that I aquired while growing up in West Africa. Will you be going to WashU?•••

I don't know, it depends on whether I get into an Ontario school. And also If I get that merit scholarship. :D Tuition in the States is about twice (or more) that of Canadian schools.

I hope you get the scholarship. WashU is an amazing school but no school is worth $250,000 cash in an escrow account. It sounds like the ransome money in a high profile kidnapping case. They might as well say--"drop $250,000 in unmarked bills in a black breifcase at Olin Hall before midnight...or else.." But hey! WashU is great; definitely let them know you're interested in the scholarship. Good luck.