1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

to wait or not to wait

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by heberJgrant, Mar 27, 2007.

1. heberJgrant

Pre-Dental
    i'm sure this question has been asked before before but i was wondering if anyone in the 2007 or 2008 cycle has had some experience with this.

my science gpa is a 3.3. after this semester maybe a 3.4. should i keep that gpa and apply this year with a good dat score to supplement it; or take a few classes and apply next year with an improved science gpa?
    i'm leaning towards applying this year to see what happens.

if any has had the same type of dilemma let me know what you decided. hopefully this might help a few others who are in a similar situation.

thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Veneto

Veneto Member

It cant hurt to apply, the worst they could say is no. Apply and then if you do not get accepted, and your GPA does improve, then it will be looked highly upon because it will be something you raised on your application.

4. TexDDS

Dental Student
    There's your answer.

5. UnderRep

UnderRep Traveling the US

Dental Student
    just go for it. all you'll lose is money. and that you will make back in the future so you are loosing nothing in the long run.

just remember the limit as time --> infinity, life --> 0