You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Today, I wish I was a retail pharmacist
Started by Its Z
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I see a huge opportunity and I'm not talking about MTM.
![]()
It's Friday night and the wifee is in Boston - I'll bite... Why?
It's Friday night and the wifee is in Boston - I'll bite... Why?
And you're home?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see a huge opportunity and I'm not talking about MTM.
![]()
CVS is gonna get wrecked and independents will gain power once again?
CVS is gonna get wrecked and independents will gain power once again?
no
And you're home?
Coming down with a cold... studying naplex - FML
Don't study NAPLEX, study law. The law was eleventy million times harder than the NAPLEX. The sad part is I still don't know the law very well having trained in one state and licensed in another. You can refill C-IIs right?Coming down with a cold... studying naplex - FML
I know today both generic Effexor XR and our flu shot syringes arrived. Both have great potential 🙂
if you say so...
Don't study NAPLEX, study law. The law was eleventy million times harder than the NAPLEX. The sad part is I still don't know the law very well having trained in one state and licensed in another. You can refill C-IIs right?
Yeah...I'm gonna have to get more licenses....
Don't study NAPLEX, study law. The law was eleventy million times harder than the NAPLEX. The sad part is I still don't know the law very well having trained in one state and licensed in another. You can refill C-IIs right?

Aint No joke.... I've been wrecking my brain trying to figure this one out... I now understand the broad scheme and the merits of this program and how it can and should be applied to retail business. 👍
I said the same thing a few years ago when I heard about 340b... it hasn't panned out.
I said the same thing a few years ago when I heard about 340b... it hasn't panned out.
340B What's that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
340B What's that?
I'm tellin' ya...if you did that up where I used to work...$$$...
I'm tellin' ya...if you did that up where I used to work...$$$...
It has to be combined with something else niche. There is one such 340b housed within a state-run mental health center. The clients cannot pay anyways, so the meds come hella cheap - and the gov picks up the rest anyways.
In essence - the gov gets a better deal for picking up its share of discounted medications. All you have to do is service the local population, which happens to be psych med heavy (better profit margin). Add in a clozapine + phlebotomist next door, and your set.
Difficult to find this location though. You need a decent city center with transient population not currently being serviced.
It has to be combined with something else niche. There is one such 340b housed within a state-run mental health center. The clients cannot pay anyways, so the meds come hella cheap - and the gov picks up the rest anyways.
In essence - the gov gets a better deal for picking up its share of discounted medications. All you have to do is service the local population, which happens to be psych med heavy (better profit margin). Add in a clozapine + phlebotomist next door, and your set.
Difficult to find this location though. You need a decent city center with transient population not currently being serviced.
That's all?
That's all?
I have another crazy idea about providing TPNs to LTC and home infusion... but I think it stretches the boundry of what a compounder/distributor are.
No problem! I will trade places with you today...let me know when you want to make the switch.
No problem! I will trade places with you today...let me know when you want to make the switch.
actually i just would rather know what you know anout retail...not work it.
actually i just would rather know what you know anout retail...not work it.
You have to experience the pain and frustrations first hand...words alone cannot do it justice.
You have to experience the pain and frustrations first hand...words alone cannot do it justice.
Walk a mile in this man's shoes... I have respect for anyone who can do it day in and day out.
I'm going to have to buy or start an independent pharmacy....
I do not have the money to start my own pharmacy. Perhaps someday I will. I think there are three ways an independent can make it today. I also believe there will be a resurgence of independent pharmacies in the future. Not like it used to be but more than there are now.
I work retail. Z, I just bought a new pair of Steven Maddens and I'm an 11. Probably end up walking more than a mile if you came and worked a day at our pharmacy though...Walk a mile in this man's shoes... I have respect for anyone who can do it day in and day out.
I do not have the money to start my own pharmacy. Perhaps someday I will. I think there are three ways an independent can make it today. I also believe there will be a resurgence of independent pharmacies in the future. Not like it used to be but more than there are now.
There just aren't that many pharmacies for sale. Of course CA has a bunch but I doubt they're worth it. I did see a pharmacy for sale in Dumas TX... I aint going up there...I've actually driven through that town and saw the pharmacy before. I think there are more than 3 ways... maybe 5..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work retail. Z, I just bought a new pair of Steven Maddens and I'm an 11. Probably end up walking more than a mile if you came and worked a day at our pharmacy though...
That's nothing... I typically walk 5 to 6 miles in my Footjoys carrying a bag of golf clubs in 4 to 5 hours while playing golf!
That's nothing... I typically walk 5 to 6 miles in my Footjoys carrying a bag of golf clubs in 4 to 5 hours while playing golf!![]()
You lie!!! You mean you drive your golf cart 5 or 6 miles while smoking cigars and drinking beer err opps I mean playing golf.👍
You lie!!! You mean you drive your golf cart 5 or 6 miles while smoking cigars and drinking beer err opps I mean playing golf.👍
Only when I'm not walking!!!!
Not much of a drinker on or off the course...
Only when I'm not walking!!!!
Not much of a drinker on or off the course...
On-base golf course requires Jack + coke in plastic bottle. I don't make the rules.
Here's what I'm talking about. Successful Indy
Above, you touched on 340B a bit...and you need to do some more research sir. There's a lot more to it and opportunities are great.
Above, you touched on 340B a bit...and you need to do some more research sir. There's a lot more to it and opportunities are great.
🤣Don't study NAPLEX, study law. The law was eleventy million times harder than the NAPLEX. The sad part is I still don't know the law very well having trained in one state and licensed in another. You can refill C-IIs right?
That's the worst advice to give post-Dr. Flynn note scandal! (circa 2007)so whats the opportunity?
I see a huge opportunity and I'm not talking about MTM.
![]()
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K
