You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AndyMilonakis said:resolution: from this day forth, i will cease and desist talking about poo.
But youre not Laotian. Was my now defunct "poo" avatar a cause of all this??
Wjy did you spell Laotian funny, Andy?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That way, his resolution is not bindingbananaface said:Wjy did you spell Laotian funny, Andy?

geddy's back!! 

B
b&ierstiefel
you don't know that. i may be half-laosian. for all you know, halfie could be my middle name.LADoc00 said:But youre not Laotian. Was my now defunct "poo" avatar a cause of all this??
seriously though, there is not one bit of laosian blood in my family's bloodline (to my knowledge). however, this should not make it wrong for me to celebrate laosian holidays. for example, i celebrate chinese new year, australian new year, boxing day, tibetian pinata day, cinco de mayo, and hanukah.
AndyMilonakis said:you don't know that. i may be half-laosian. for all you know, halfie could be my middle name.
seriously though, there is not one bit of laosian blood in my family's bloodline (to my knowledge). however, this should not make it wrong for me to celebrate laosian holidays. for example, i celebrate chinese new year, australian new year, boxing day, tibetian pinata day, cinco de mayo, and hanukah.
Anything for a reason to booze............
I am SOO with you on this andy!
B
b&ierstiefel
unfortunately laosians don't drink on laosian new years day. they drink tea instead. except i spiked my tea with whiskey.quant said:Anything for a reason to booze............![]()
![]()
I am SOO with you on this andy!
you think this is a joke, don't ya geddy?That way, his resolution is not binding
i'm dead serious. but i predict that, like many of the other threads, this thread will be severely derailed. it will happen around 12:21 EST, which is what my laosian crystal ball says.
His sig block say "Normalcy." I interpret that to mean he is going poo regularly. That resolution sure went fast. 🙄quant said:why suddenly the anti poo?
Thanks - beary, too (major congrats, BTW). 😳bananaface said:😍 geddy 😍
By the way, for everyone buying a house for residency, I have learned one important lesson:
Buying a house is fun. Selling a house sucks donkey b*lls.
But, it's almost over now.

B
b&ierstiefel
yo geddy, you gonna be a homeowner in boston? how's that goin' for ya?geddy said:Thanks - beary, too (major congrats, BTW). 😳
By the way, for everyone buying a house for residency, I have learned one important lesson:
Buying a house is fun. Selling a house sucks donkey b*lls.
But, it's almost over now.![]()
you gonna be owning one of those $1,500,000+ mansions in brookline?
AndyMilonakis said:yo geddy, you gonna be a homeowner in boston? how's that goin' for ya?
you gonna be owning one of those $1,500,000+ mansions in brookline?
Um, no. With 2 kids, we would need to depend on my wife's (as of yet non-existent) job in Boston for us to get by if we bought a place. We didn't want to eat up all of our savings with a downpayment, so we are renting, at least for the first year - a small townhouse in South Brookline, near West Roxbury. It kind of sucks, because I have to take a bus to the D line, which means I have to time it right or I'll waste a lot of time. But, it's a safe neighborhood for the kids. Congrats on the condo, BTW. It's fun to own your own place. Like I said, selling our house now is stressful, but it's almost over. I'm kind of torn about not living in my own place. On the one hand, I'm looking forward to not having to replace appliances when they break, change faucets, fix leaky sinks, etc. On the other hand, I love upgrading and fixing my house. Oh well... more time for path, I guess 😀
geddy said:South Brookline, near West Roxbury. It kind of sucks, because I have to take a bus to the D line,
Very lovely area there. 😉 Actually, it ain't bad. Roxbury used to be the place that showed up on the news every night as the scene of some weird crime, but now that has shifted away from there. Brookline is a nice place - lots of interesting small ethnic supermarkets.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
Yeah, I remember you telling me this before. I guess I got the false impression from your last post that you were buying property. My bad.geddy said:Um, no. With 2 kids, we would need to depend on my wife's (as of yet non-existent) job in Boston for us to get by if we bought a place. We didn't want to eat up all of our savings with a downpayment, so we are renting, at least for the first year - a small townhouse in South Brookline, near West Roxbury. It kind of sucks, because I have to take a bus to the D line, which means I have to time it right or I'll waste a lot of time. But, it's a safe neighborhood for the kids.
Anyways, relying on public transportation is going to take some adjusting to. I gotta ride the 39 to work everyday.
I fly outta here tomorrow morning and sign the papers on Wednesday so soon I will formally be a homeowner. It's exciting but nervewracking because a lot of responsibility is thrust upon your shoulders when things break or don't work properly.
AndyMilonakis said:Yeah, I remember you telling me this before. I guess I got the false impression from your last post that you were buying property. My bad.
Anyways, relying on public transportation is going to take some adjusting to. I gotta ride the 39 to work everyday.
I fly outta here tomorrow morning and sign the papers on Wednesday so soon I will formally be a homeowner. It's exciting but nervewracking because a lot of responsibility is thrust upon your shoulders when things break or don't work properly.
Hey all the best with your signing.....
West Roxbury - not Roxbury, which is the area famous for high crime. I thought the same thing but they're different. Roxbury borders right next to Jamaica Plains - Roxbury is improved from what it used to be, I understand. West Roxbury actually has a low crime rate.yaah said:Very lovely area there. 😉 Actually, it ain't bad. Roxbury used to be the place that showed up on the news every night as the scene of some weird crime, but now that has shifted away from there. Brookline is a nice place - lots of interesting small ethnic supermarkets.
I agree - Brookline is pretty cool. Newton is really nice as well.
We were originally going to buy, but we decided against it in the end. I think you're making a good change, though. Since you're buying a condo, things like A/C, the furnace, and hot water heater are taken care of, right? This way, it's like easing into home ownership, without worrying about half the stuff that could go wrong 🙂 As for the transportation, we are probably going to sell our 2 cars and buy a minivan, since I won't be driving. I'll take the 51 bus to the Reservoir stop on the D line - 30 min to the hospital on a good day.AndyMilonakis said:Yeah, I remember you telling me this before. I guess I got the false impression from your last post that you were buying property. My bad.
Anyways, relying on public transportation is going to take some adjusting to. I gotta ride the 39 to work everyday.
I fly outta here tomorrow morning and sign the papers on Wednesday so soon I will formally be a homeowner. It's exciting but nervewracking because a lot of responsibility is thrust upon your shoulders when things break or don't work properly.
B
b&ierstiefel
yeah, i'm just SW of you...maybe a mile away...maybe?geddy said:West Roxbury - not Roxbury, which is the area famous for high crime. I thought the same thing but they're different. Roxbury borders right next to Jamaica Plains -
as for the condo, the inner workings are all renovated and brand new. that is definitely good and was part of the appeal of buying the place. originally i wasn't intending on living in Jamaica Plain and was actually planning on getting a pad in Brookline. But the Brookline condo would cost me $400K and the stuff there was not brand new (in addition, they kicked your ass with the condo assoc. fees which sucked donkey balls). The condo in JP was cheaper, more spacious, had brand spankin' new interior design, and actually was in a decent area (not the projects...that's the other part of JP
)geddy said:West Roxbury - not Roxbury, which is the area famous for high crime. I thought the same thing but they're different. Roxbury borders right next to Jamaica Plains - Roxbury is improved from what it used to be, I understand. West Roxbury actually has a low crime rate.
I agree - Brookline is pretty cool. Newton is really nice as well.
Newton is insane. It feels like the Monte Carlo Grand Prix sometimes on Rt 9 at certain times of day.
B
b&ierstiefel
Resolution #2: To stop laughing my ass off when those genital herpes commercials come on.
Cold sores are disgusting enough. I cannot imagine the suffering of a patient with genital herpes.AndyMilonakis said:Resolution #2: To stop laughing my ass off when those genital herpes commercials come on.
Yeah. That would be awful to have. It's annoying though how those commercials are always filled with attractive carefree looking people.
B
b&ierstiefel
yes, those commercials have warped my sense of reality. everytime i see a hot chick, i be thinkin' she got the herpz.bananaface said:Yeah. That would be awful to have. It's annoying though how those commercials are always filled with attractive carefree looking people.
AndyMilonakis said:yes, those commercials have warped my sense of reality. everytime i see a hot chick, i be thinkin' she got the herpz.
That ad cracks me up too. I feel bad for that woman in real life - people must recognize her.
B
b&ierstiefel
it's not funny, it's not funny, it's not funny, it's not funny, it's not funny
don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh
Similar threads
- Replies
- 38
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 3K