Today is the Day!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh boy! I am so happy

AMCAS promised me that my app would be processed last friday or today at the latest...

What was that story about the little boy who got a pile of horse crap for christmas and was exited because he was conviced there was a pony under the tree...

Oh boy...

Thank you AMCAS for a great! summer!!!!

At least I have a good story to tell...now lets see...where is that pony?

Members don't see this ad.

Loki, I was promised the same thing. But we both know how good AMCAS is at keeping promises. :rolleyes:

Well..... today's not over yet....

Members don't see this ad :)
Funny that you would all say this. AMCAS has not processed my app, as most of you probably know. There has been no button or nothing. Then lo and behold, I go check my email this morning, and I get an message from Dartmouth saying "We have received your AMCAS application. We have also received your secondary application and all your letters of recommendation. Thus, your file is now COMPLETE." I thought AMCAS wasn't sending out primaries submitted BEFORE Aug 10. Now, I just called Dartmouth and they said that they HAVE my UNVERIFIED application (paper). The person I talked to said that she was holding it right in her hand. So what is the deal with this? Is AMCAS transmitting all of our apps unverified?

That's my understanding after talking with two different supervisors at AMCAS.... AMCAS first sent profiles.... Then, they sent out everyone's unverified applications, and moving forward from 8/10, that's what they have been doing (mailing out unverfied apps to the schools)... I guess AMCAS is hoping schools will use the unverified info while they attempt to verify applications submitted. Once your app does get verified, AMCAS then sends the schools (assuming the connection between the school and AMCAS works), your verified app. I'll tell you, my app was submitted 7/7, and nothing has happened to to it yet!

Originally posted by Zack90:
•That's my understanding after talking with two different supervisors at AMCAS.... AMCAS first sent profiles.... Then, they sent out everyone's unverified applications, and moving forward from 8/10, that's what they have been doing (mailing out unverfied apps to the schools)... I guess AMCAS is hoping schools will use the unverified info while they attempt to verify applications submitted. Once your app does get verified, AMCAS then sends the schools (assuming the connection between the school and AMCAS works), your verified app. I'll tell you, my app was submitted 7/7, and nothing has happened to to it yet!•

What about apps that were verified awhile back? Does this mean AMCAS is sending my verified app or does the mere fact that its a printout instead of an electronic transmittal mean that it is unverified, even though technically speaking it has completed the verification process?