Today's riddle: what is a gunner?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unregistered

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The word gets thrown around sdn enough, to use it is a sure enough way to a start flame throwing thread, so what is a gunner?
I asked my dad and this is what he said (being a vet and all that):

In war, gunners are offensive and defensive.
Gunners are a necessary part of a strategic offensive force, but not the ONLY part.
Gunners are productive in that they produce casualties among the enemy forces.

The negative connotation of "gunner" might have come from Joe McCarthy's nickname: Tailgunner Joe because he appeared to "gun down" people indiscriminately.

So lets get it on! Gunners, good or bad? A necessary evil? Or wouldn't want to go to med school without one in your pocket?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe there are already previous post on this selected topic? Just hit a search and look around. But if you don't feel like it, then you in fact are the opposite of a 'gunner'.

-O

your conversation is so stupid

Members don't see this ad :)
Found a "gunner" thread from the spring and bumped it up-thanks for reminding me about the search feature, O!:D

Originally posted by eurotrash
your conversation is so stupid
:mad: :mad: :mad: eurotrash, shouldn't you be busy sabotaging your looks or something?

:laugh:

eurotrash, long time no see. shouldn't you go back to the acne commercial filming?