Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Today's riddle: what is a gunner?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by unregistered, Sep 1, 2002.

1. unregistered

unregistered Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The word gets thrown around sdn enough, to use it is a sure enough way to a start flame throwing thread, so what is a gunner?
    I asked my dad and this is what he said (being a vet and all that):

In war, gunners are offensive and defensive.
    Gunners are a necessary part of a strategic offensive force, but not the ONLY part.
    Gunners are productive in that they produce casualties among the enemy forces.

The negative connotation of "gunner" might have come from Joe McCarthy's nickname: Tailgunner Joe because he appeared to "gun down" people indiscriminately.

So lets get it on! Gunners, good or bad? A necessary evil? Or wouldn't want to go to med school without one in your pocket?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I believe there are already previous post on this selected topic? Just hit a search and look around. But if you don't feel like it, then you in fact are the opposite of a 'gunner'.

-O

4. eurotrash

eurotrash Member
    7+ Year Member

your conversation is so stupid

5. unregistered

7+ Year Member

Found a "gunner" thread from the spring and bumped it up-thanks for reminding me about the search feature, O!:D

6. unregistered

7+ Year Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: eurotrash, shouldn't you be busy sabotaging your looks or something?

7. :laugh:

eurotrash, long time no see. shouldn't you go back to the acne commercial filming?