ourlovestory

2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2015
Status
Dentist
Greetings Everyone,
Is TOEFL the only accepted proof of language proficiency? I was told Intensive English Programs may be accepted at a university as an alternative for the TOEFL. It is hard to get 100+ in the TOEFL and this might be a good option for people who want to strengthen their language and want to meet the language requirement at the same time.

Do you know?

drKJ

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2016
Status
Dentist
Hi, some programs also consider IELTS score. But mostly US schools require TOEFL score , getting above 100 might be tough but possible. Also 100 above is not min required score , you can apply with score the school considers. If your profile is strong as a whole, TOEFL score less than 100 won't matter as long as you have a score what the school requires.

OP
O

ourlovestory

2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2015
Status
Dentist
Thank you drKJ. Any thoughts or info on the intensive English programs? Have you ever seen any discussions about it? I searched this forum but could not find any info.

drKJ

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2016
Status
Dentist
I have not heard or seen any discussion about it either. I can say these programs can supplement the english profiency requirement but they can't be taken to replace TOEFL.

OP
O

ourlovestory

2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2015
Status
Dentist
Thanks again drKJ! I hope more colleagues chime in and share their thoughts.

oralcare123

7+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2010
Status
Every dental program has this info in their requirements - its TOEFL,IELTS - which is not at all easier then TOEFL or some other test. Some say, that you don't have to take TOEFL if you were enrolled in a program taught in English for 5 years or if you are a resident of the US. You need to check each program you are interested in