Toenail length to blood sugar ratio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heard this today - figured there's possibly some truth to it (like the tooth to tattoo ratio). The longer the toenail the greater the blood glucose. Anyone else notice this?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's the yellower the toenail the higher the glucose

Or is it the thicker...

Maybe the overall nastier

Same with toenails/BAC i've seen

Srsly, what's the deal with nasty thick toenails? Do people get to a point where it's just too much work and irritation to bend over and take care of business once in a while? Or does the glamorous lifestyle of the hard-living modern citizen of precarious health status and no fixed employment leave precious little time for one's daily ablutions?

If you're 75 and arthritic, that makes sense (although your kids should make sure to have a guy come around with a nice foot soak and some special tools every couple of weeks or something). If you're 40 and theoretically able to trim your nails, then you're just someone who decided to stop taking care of themselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
hillarious!:claps:

but there is a limit where the correlation falls off... like the starling curve.

If their blood glucose is really high for a long period of time, they'll have no toes.

I think it's the yellower the toenail the higher the glucose

Or is it the thicker...

Maybe the overall nastier

Same with toenails/BAC i've seen

Seriously. It seems like the majority of the toenails I've seen lately looked more like corn chips than nails. :hungover:

There is an obvious positive cooperative binding amongst the 4 forces

Length
Color
Nastiness
crustiness

Having one characteristic increases the chance of another in a sigmoidal fashion. Glucose levels merely reflect this binding by the glucotaxic properties of the forces, which draws more the glucose into peripheral circulation.

Sigmoid-function.GIF

but there is a limit where the correlation falls off... like the starling curve.

If their blood glucose is really high for a long period of time, they'll have no toes.

touche!:bow:

A couple weeks ago we had a self-inflicted GSW, 22y/o, healthy, with intact ankle bracelet of course. Nasty toenails. Seriously, it's not like you have places to be all of the time, trim your toenails!

Every time I see bad toenails, I'm reminded of this scene:

3697544_std.jpg

Nice...so in general, a toenail:glucose usually remains around 1.0. Will this be on the shelf exam for my In N Out elective?