Tons of Interviews and no Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jpc984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any horror stories?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well its obviously too early if you are talking about the 08 cycle. Someone could have gone to 50 interviews and still not have an acceptance, not because they wont get any, but because its too early. Maybe if its like March in the 08 cycle, then Id start posting here.

Well its obviously too early if you are talking about the 08 cycle. Someone could have gone to 50 interviews and still not have an acceptance, not because they wont get any, but because its too early. Maybe if its like March in the 08 cycle, then Id start posting here.

I'm almost positive they're talking about in general, not in reference to this year.

it could very easily happen. i had 5 interviews during the last cycle, and got waitlisted at all 5. i FINALLY got an acceptance in june, but i admit i had almost lost all hope.

it could very easily happen. i had 5 interviews during the last cycle, and got waitlisted at all 5. i FINALLY got an acceptance in june, but i admit i had almost lost all hope.

yikes! how early/late in the season did you interview? Glad to hear you got in!!!

i had 2 interviews in early december, 2 in late january, and one in early april. but i hope that this doesn't happen to any of you and you hear sooner than later! good luck with the application process :luck::luck:

Lala83,

Just curious, when did you send out your last secondary? Do you remember how soon after they invited you for an interview? I just had my primary sent out to the schools 2 days ago... Getting worried.

well i sent out almost all of my secondaries in august, but i wasn't complete until november because that's when they received my mcat scores.
the only secondaries i sent later were to touro-ny and dcom in the first week of january because i was getting worried and thought adding a few new schools would be a good idea.

some schools may get your app and then decide to put it on hold and offer you a later interview. this happened to me with pikeville, i was complete there in the fall, but didn't get an interview from them until late jan. dcom said i was complete in january and didn't offer me an interview until april.

if you do for any reason get put on hold (for grades, new mcat score, whatever the reason may be), stay vigilant! i called/emailed the schools regularly and let them know i was interested. if it helps anyone, this is what i did for all of the schools i was put on hold at or waitlisted at:

1) i had a friend who attended the school write me a letter of recommendation because i knew her really well (some schools place more emphasis on this than others, but it can't hurt if you do know someone there)
2) sent in a letter of interest
3) sent 2 updated LORs from professors at grad school
4) submitted midterm grades and mailed an official transcript at the end of the semester
5) called here and there to let the admissions staff know i was still interested
6) submitted a new mcat score

if a school gets your app early and puts you on hold or if you get waitlisted, do whatever you can to get them to consider your app again soon.