Too few courses senior year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1071450

About to enter my senior year of college (woo!) and will apply to med school summer 2023 (taking the MCAT in one month).

Just a quick question - at my college, the average student takes 4 courses a semester (the lab is a part of the course and is considered within the 1 unit).

The past 3 years I have taken 4 courses every single semester. I came into college with AP credits so senior year it's possible for me to take 3 courses in the fall and spring semesters. Is this something that would look poorly for adcoms? I don't want it to see like I'm "taking the easy way out."

I'm haven't been able to shadow doctors because of COVID all these years, so I'm hoping to do that and volunteer with the extra time! I'm done with all my pre-reqs and have 4.01 GPA.

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I talked with the SOM admission advisor from VCU, who said that it doesn't matter. I have been/ plan on taking 8-10 credits for 3 semesters due to the same situation.

You should be okay, especially if you have racked up enough credits to be on track for graduating with a degree. My only check is to be sure you don't lose health insurance or other benefits as a student if you drop below full-time.