Too late for DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

patrickj

AACOMAS just got verified and will hopefully reach the 8 schools I selected this week sometime. 3.7GPA and 28MCAT. d-1 athlete, around 100 hrs of shadowing. 100+ volunteer. last year i've been at a full-time paid research position at john a burn's school of med in honolulu. discouraged seeing how many people have been accepted already and i haven't even done secondaries yet.... any hope? any helpful advice would be much appreciated. thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hope? Certainly, you'll get in. If you don't reapply next cycle with more volunteering and you will for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got verified today too so hopefully we both have a shot still! :)

AACOMAS just got verified and will hopefully reach the 8 schools I selected this week sometime. 3.7GPA and 28MCAT. d-1 athlete, around 100 hrs of shadowing. 100+ volunteer. last year i've been at a full-time paid research position at john a burn's school of med in honolulu. discouraged seeing how many people have been accepted already and i haven't even done secondaries yet.... any hope? any helpful advice would be much appreciated. thanks!!
It's late but not too late for DO. Fill out your secondaries ASAP. You will probably receive multiple interview invites, which might lead to some acceptances.

I'd say chances are slim. Your stats are just a tad above average, but your ECs don't sound that great.

Your numbers are good. I'm not sure research is as important for DO as it is for MD, though. And some schools are booked up for interviews into next year.

Your numbers are good. I'm not sure research is as important for DO as it is for MD, though. And some schools are booked up for interviews into next year.
Some schools are booked up for interviews into next year? Some schools just started scheduling the first line of interviews.....

Some schools are booked up for interviews into next year? Some schools just started scheduling the first line of interviews.....

Well, namely Nova.

I keep bringing this up on SDN because I'm pissed at myself for taking too long with my primary. :thumbup: