Too late for primary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lawnnewm

biomed / dogeball god
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I am just about to finish my primary AMCAS application, and will be able to submit tomorrow...but is September 29th too late? I read a couple threads on this site that got me a little worried...here is a little about my experience:

MCAT: 3 scores, the latest is 34Q
GPA: 3.52 in Biomedical Engineering
Work / EC:
30+ hours of clinical job shadowing
two part time jobs throughout college, 1 of which was working with disadvantaged kids
1.5 years as a biomed at a hospital designing medical technology

I can afford to apply to several schools, but it will take some serious budgeting. I ask because I am passionate about this and sick of waiting...

:thumbup: or :thumbdown: ????

Members don't see this ad.

You can try for your state school. But I wouldn't bother spending too much money applying to too many places. You probably won't be verified until mid-to late-October. Have you sent your transcripts and recommendations to AMCAS already?

Good Afternoon,

I am just about to finish my primary AMCAS application, and will be able to submit tomorrow...but is September 29th too late? I read a couple threads on this site that got me a little worried...here is a little about my experience:

Work / EC:
two part time jobs throughout college, 1 of which was working with disadvantaged kids

I can afford to apply to several schools, but it will take some serious budgeting. I ask because I am passionate about this and sick of waiting...

wrong forum, buddy.

But as the above poster said, if you have everything set to go, then go ahead but don't apply everywhere. It is quite late. Doesn't mean you won't get any interviews, but maybe it will. Who knows?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Afternoon,

Work / EC:

It's late by SDN standards but I think you still have a chance. You say your location is Minneapolis, U of MN is notoriously late with everything and if you are a MN resident I think, with your numbers, you have a good chance of getting an interview. This is all assuming you have good essays and recommendations.

If you do submit your primary look on SDN for essay prompts and get started on them right away so your entire application at each school can be done as soon as possible.

Caveat: If applying this year means you won't be able to apply next year then I say wait.

Feel free to PM me.

I applied last year with pretty much the exact same stats (I did have more ECs though), in October...very close to the deadline for some schools. 6 interviews, attended 5, 3 acceptances, 2 waitlists that I didn't bother pursuing.
Good luck applying.

You can try for your state school. But I wouldn't bother spending too much money applying to too many places. You probably won't be verified until mid-to late-October. Have you sent your transcripts and recommendations to AMCAS already?

Thank you all for your replies.

I have sent my transcripts but my letters haven't been written yet. My grand scheme was to have those completed and submitted while the primary was being processed.