Too late for the "good programs"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OBGirlie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I still haven't heard from some of the top programs. . . . so should I just assume that I probably won't be getting interviews from them? I wanted to do an REI elective in January, but am holding off b/c I wanted to take Dec and Jan to interview. . . but now I'm thinking Dec should be enough. . .

Do you all think I should keep Jan open just in case? I don't think U of M has sent out invites yet and I am waiting for them. . .

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of the "top" programs specifically say that they sendd out invites in mid-november, after they have looked at the MSPE. I'm hoping December will be enough time, but you never know.

it's true, "good" programs don't even look at applications until after the mspe is out so early-mid nov. sounds about right.

Members don't see this ad :)
AAAAAAAaaaaaaa! Just because people on this board refer to a program as "good" or "top" and just because it waits forever to offer interview invites doesn't mean its perfect for everyone and doesn't even mean that the other programs aren't highly respected in the field or will give you great training in a great environment. Sorry, all the quotes and talk of silly arbitrary ratings are driving me nuts!!!

Okay, I feel better now. If I were you I would keep January available for interviews and I would also not do an REI rotation during 4th year unless it's an audition rotation. Do something else that will help you in the future that you aren't going to be exposed to again once you start residency.

AAAAAAAaaaaaaa! Just because people on this board refer to a program as "good" or "top" and just because it waits forever to offer interview invites doesn't mean its perfect for everyone and doesn't even mean that the other programs aren't highly respected in the field or will give you great training in a great environment. Sorry, all the quotes and talk of silly arbitrary ratings are driving me nuts!!!

Okay, I feel better now. If I were you I would keep January available for interviews and I would also not do an REI rotation during 4th year unless it's an audition rotation. Do something else that will help you in the future that you aren't going to be exposed to again once you start residency.

LOL, sorry Wednesday :) But I think I am going to keep Jan off to interview as well. It will be nice to have a chill month.
Today I got an invite from my top program U of M (though I guess its not one of the BIG Boys) and I am happy. So you are right, its all relative!