Too Late to Apply? Should I Have Hope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted735879

Hello! This is my first time posting on SDN so I am not 100% sure of the proper etiquette. So I apologize in advance.

I submitted my application last Friday and I just received an email saying my GPA has been calculated. My application is complete and just waiting to be sent (Apparently it will be sent out to my chosen schools within two weeks).

I did well on the DAT. AA22, TS21, PAT21, GCHEM23, OCHEM26, BIO19, RC24, and QR22
And I have an sGPA 3.77 & oGPA 3.83 ...
I have lots of shadowing hours, volunteer experience, etc.

I feel like I have a solid application but I am worried that the fact that I am applying so so very late (November 15th) will keep me from getting into dental school this cycle.

Have any of you gentlemen/ladies heard of someone applying super late but still getting interviews?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like a solid app, but it is pretty late in the game. Maybe if you have a 4.0 and 26AA. I would just hold out until next June and you'll be set!

Reactions: 2 users
My gut feeling says yes, you should apply. I think you have a shot of getting in somewhere, even this late in the cycle. But as @DC206R says, if you wait till next cycle, you're pretty much golden for acceptance. The decision is ultimately yours. If you have the money and willingness to write an entirely new set of essays if you don't get in, then go for it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to choose the school you go to, which your stats seems to indicate are possible in your situation, I would apply next year. But I'd say you gotta go with your gut so if you're dying to apply certainly do so! Keep us posted

Reactions: 1 user
if you apply now, You will get in somewhere but not necessarily a cheap school or one of your choice. Great stats but by the time your app is verified and sent to schools, 1st batch of acceptances will start rolling in.
If I was in your shoes, I would wait. my 2 cents

Reactions: 1 user