mz1986

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I completed most of my secondaries in September, but I left a few because I just didn't have enough money at the time.

I'm wondering if I would still stand a chance if I turn it in today, like right now. I know it's really late but is it worth a shot? My primary is verified and all my letters are ready to go.. and I would assume everything would get to the schools in 2-3 days.

MCAT: 27
GPA: 3.0

Thanks guys

fiznat

15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Do it, its like 50 bucks. What's the downside?

Postal

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2008
Status
Medical Student
If you're dead set on matriculating next year, go ahead.

If you've go the $$ now, What have you got to lose?

keregg228

AA-s
Oct 15, 2009
The south, the deep south hehehehe
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Id only send secondary’s into schools that do interviews through Feb/march.

I applied late last year I sent a bunch of my secondaries (like 3) around this time of year but only to private schools or schools that admissions run a little later. Places like MSU COM that are a state university and have most of their class selected by September don’t bother with. I got into 2 of the three I sent late secondaries to which were all private schools.

Best of luck

Aug 20, 2010
New York City
Status
Medical Student
Id only send secondary’s into schools that do interviews through Feb/march.

Where do you find out how late schools do interviews? Are there certain schools that are slower/later in the process?
i think most schools interview late into the season. i read somewhere in these forums that they still interview to fill their waitlist. i know nycom is very late compared to most schools but im not sure if there are any other schools late in the process too.