Too late to take the DAT for this yrs cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dt34

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I haven't taken the DAT for this yrs application cycle as of yet, is it too late? I've been swamp with so many things in my life. I am registered to take the exam later on this month, near the end. So what is everyones opinion on this? Is it too late? Can I still take it at the end of the month? Whats that complete cut off date? Thanks for your opinions and help.

dt

Members don't see this ad.

definitely late, but u still have still have a shot, assuming ur scores will be decent.

it's not too late at all. my buddy from college didn't take his DAT until december and he got into all 5 schools he applied to! dental schools don't fill their classes on december 1st for a reason you know...

Members don't see this ad :)
it's definitely late, but I don't think it would affect your chance if the rest of your application is solid. =)

it's not to late...all the people on this site are over achievers...however, you need to be more competitive with your scores...PM me if you want some study material...i have a bunch.

bkwash said:
it's not to late...all the people on this site are over achievers...however, you need to be more competitive with your scores...PM me if you want some study material...i have a bunch.

I'm glad its not too late, although I also don't want to slack off any later than it is. My GPA is barely avg. though. I'm an older student trying to juggle work and school, so I've been putting it off some. Thanks for your opinions and encouragements, its nice to hear from all sides. Glad this forum exist. :)

dt