Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

too late?>

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by GA Girl, Dec 13, 2005.

1. GA Girl

GA Girl Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

AACOM took a very long time to process my app so I am just now receiving secondaries. Am I in trouble? I think that my stats are pretty competitive. I'm just concerned with the timeline

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NewNick

NewNick COMP 2010
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well, you never know what will happen. If your app is "very competitive", I think you will be alright. Personally, I think interviews after Feb will be for alt list. Having said that, you should know that a lot of people have multiple acceptances, by the time of deposit, it makes more available slots for the newcomers. Go for it, and see what happens. Good luck.

4. javandane

javandane He's so hot right now
    7+ Year Member

my primary app. wasn't processed until 12/24 last year, meaning i received all secondary apps after 1/1. was accepted to all schools applied.

just make sure to turn your secondary apps around quickly, and you'll be fine. good luck.

5. Jamers

Jamers Sexy Man
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I say go for it. My stats are not that competitive due to a pretty low MCAT and my transcripts took two months to arrive from Australia. Given that, I still was offered six interviews (my secondaries were finished in late October). My best piece of advice to you is to get them ALL out ASAP just to beat any possible time limitations. Most are the same anyways and you can use the same essay just by changing a few words :laugh:

6. GA Girl

GA Girl Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks so much for that information. That's helpful. How many schools did you apply to do you mind me asking?

7. javandane

javandane He's so hot right now
    7+ Year Member

applied to DMU (currently attending), CCOM, PCOM, NYCOM. interviewed at CCOM on 2/1 and DMU 2/18.

i realize it's very easy for me to say this, as i'm already in school, but really, don't sweat things. i was in your shoes last year, feeling the same way i'm sure, and everything turned out fine.

so relax.

8. TheFish005

TheFish005 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'll throw mine in here too... when i was applying, I sent in my secondaries after the first of the year and got into 2 DO schools with late february interviews (interviewed at 3 do schools). there were people last year who interviewed on april 19th (our last day of classes) and were accepted, so really don't sweat it. just be sure and get your secondaries in pronto.

9. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    I know people that had less than competitive applications that didn't apply until February and still got in.

You're fine.

10. Duchess

Duchess The Fifth Element
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    GA Girl,

Many of the August MCATers are in the same boat that you are in because we waited until we got our MCAT scores before applying. I didn't want to spend the time and money to apply if there wasn't a chance in hell that I would get in with a low MCAT score. AACOMAS took forever with my app too and I'm just now getting secondaries....but I've asked around to other pre-med students at my school and many are in the same situation.

Get everything done ASAP, make sure your app is strong, and stay positive...it's far from over. Best of luck to you.