too many letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panda81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, so my state school told me that they wanted my letters of rec. sent directly to them from their authors, so i told all the poeple who wrote me letters to send them directly to the med. school....a couple weeks later, i realized that these letters wouldn't include my premed commitee's letter, so i called the school and asked if i could send my premed "packet" of letters from my undergrad rather than having every letter writer send their letter in individually, and the school said this was okay.

so i check the status of my application online today, and find that they have 3 of the letters listed twice (they have duplicates of the same letters in my file). is this bad news? will it negatively affect my application? will they judge me because my file includes too many letters (although they're copies of eachother) or will they just toss or overlook the duplicates?

Members don't see this ad.

Just call them and explain to them what's up. These things happen. They aren't going to be pissed at you cause multiple letters ended up in your file. My file has 9 different LORs in it at each school and none of them seem to mind. If anything, it helps strengthen my app because for every EC I have a nice LOR to back me up.

Originally posted by panda81
okay, so my state school told me that they wanted my letters of rec. sent directly to them from their authors, so i told all the poeple who wrote me letters to send them directly to the med. school....a couple weeks later, i realized that these letters wouldn't include my premed commitee's letter, so i called the school and asked if i could send my premed "packet" of letters from my undergrad rather than having every letter writer send their letter in individually, and the school said this was okay.

so i check the status of my application online today, and find that they have 3 of the letters listed twice (they have duplicates of the same letters in my file). is this bad news? will it negatively affect my application? will they judge me because my file includes too many letters (although they're copies of eachother) or will they just toss or overlook the duplicates?

*sigh* premeds are so neurotic

true dat... true dat

p