Too many LOR's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AedesA

Reaction score
I am getting ready to submit my applications soon, and I am unsure if I am sending too many LOR's. I am currently planning on: 1 from a Pharmacist (my boss for nearly 7 years), 1 from my research advisor ( I also took some of their Bio classes and did very well in them), 2 letters from DPM's I shadowed, and one from my Organic Chem prof who was also the advisor for a club I ran. The max AACPMAS allows through them is 3 and the other two would be sent directly to the programs I apply to. Is this too many? There are two more professors who have offered to write me letters, one has some ties to one of the programs I am interested in applying to, though I only had one class with them ( I did good in it). The other prof I had for 2 classes, and did very well in both. I feel like 7 total letters would be too many and probably hurt my application. I would appreciate any feedback/suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

As you said, all you need is 3. Get one from a DPM and two from Sci professors in classes you did well. More than this will not help your app but thank the professors for writing one for you. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
As you said, all you need is 3. Get one from a DPM and two from Sci professors in classes you did well. More than this will not help your app but thank the professors for writing one for you. Good luck!
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
What Dexter said.

A generic letter from a professor who you did well in some science class tells me nothing about you.

If you have to pick a science professor, pick the one that you had to work with the most involving more than just some office visits.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, keep it simple for your AACPMAS LOR's. Have the extras go directly to schools for which their opinion has likely value (such as the one professor with some association with a podiatry program -- whatever that means).

Reactions: 1 user
If they're letters you think are really good, you can always send it to the school directly and have them place it in your file. Just ask beforehand :)