Too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caroline23

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I know it’s late in the cycle but my application was just verified and I wanted to know if you all think I have a chance? My overall GPA is a 3.34, sGPA of 3.04. MCAT is 509. For extracurriculars I volunteered at a free medical clinic for two years and held a leadership position in a club for two years. In terms of podiatry shadowing, i start next week and am hoping to get my LOR soon after, this was delayed due to covid. Any insight is appreciated, I applied to all 9 schools. As a Latina female I’m also an underrepresented minority and Im from a rural area.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I know it’s late in the cycle but my application was just verified and I wanted to know if you all think I have a chance? My overall GPA is a 3.34, sGPA of 3.04. MCAT is 509. For extracurriculars I volunteered at a free medical clinic for two years and held a leadership position in a club for two years. In terms of podiatry shadowing, i start next week and am hoping to get my LOR soon after, this was delayed due to covid. Any insight is appreciated, I applied to all 9 schools. As a Latina female I’m also an underrepresented minority and Im from a rural area.
You will get interviews. Some schools may already have their seats filled for the upcoming school year and may send interview invites for waitlist. Not sure which schools do that.

Which schools you prefer to go?

Reactions: 1 user
You will get interviews off GPA + MCAT alone. Some school trying to fill seats will snatch you up even this late in the cycle.

Rhetorical questions because we've all been there-

Are you doing this because you want to rush the timeline of being a doctor in a white coat? Or do you truly want to do podiatry?
Have you looked both at the good and bad of this profession like any other field?
Are you OK with accepting both the good and bad?
Do you understand what you are signing up for? Including residency?

Only you know deep inside.

Reactions: 2 users