Too many science classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

revinnova

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This semester I took 4 science classes (all lectures) and did good. I was also working about 15 hours pt. For fall I want to take 6 upper division science classes. I won't be working pt. Do you think it'll be too much? I'm planning to take:

-Medical Microbiology
-Biochemistry II
-Cell Bio Lab
-Microbio Lab
-Molecular Genetics
-Human Sexuality

Members don't see this ad.

This semester I took 4 science classes (all lectures) and did good. I was also working about 15 hours pt. For fall I want to take 6 upper division science classes. I won't be working pt. Do you think it'll be too much? I'm planning to take:

-Medical Microbiology
-Biochemistry II
-Cell Bio Lab
-Microbio Lab
-Molecular Genetics
-Human Sexuality

Since when did Human Sexuality count as an upper division science course?

-Medical Microbiology
-Biochemistry II
-Cell Bio Lab
-Microbio Lab
-Molecular Genetics
-Human Sexuality

Good thing it wasn't a grammar class. :laugh:

Since when did Human Sexuality count as an upper division science course?

H.Sex wasn't upper division at my UG, but it was one of the best classes I've ever taken. Retained more information from it than a lot of my pre-reqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't sound too bad. I took Ochem II w/ lab, Bio II w/ lab, Physics II w/ lab, and a sports psychology class one semester. It was a lot of class but you can do it assuming that you do not have to spend a lot of hours working each week. Just plan to be in class approximately 20+ hours a week.

Good thing it wasn't a grammar class. :laugh:

H.Sex wasn't upper division at my UG, but it was one of the best classes I've ever taken. Retained more information from it than a lot of my pre-reqs.
Oh stop being a grammer nazi, we all understood what the OP was talking about.:thumbdown: To the OP, yes it sounds doable if you are not working. Good luck!

6 with labs might be a little too much. Maybe drop it down to 5 and see how you perform. If you're not in a hurry to graduate, then there's no point in cramming all those courses at once and risk doing poorly. :)

6 with labs might be a little too much. Maybe drop it down to 5 and see how you perform. If you're not in a hurry to graduate, then there's no point in cramming all those courses at once and risk doing poorly. :)

It's actually 4 lectures and 2 labs. I finished microbiology and cell bio lectures already. I wouldn't be able to do 6 with labs lol.

Last edited:

-Medical Microbiology
-Biochemistry II
-Cell Bio Lab
-Microbio Lab
-Molecular Genetics
-Human Sexuality

Totally doable... This is really (IMO) three upper div science courses, two labs, and one general education course.