1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Took a practice RC test [Barons]

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by DrTacoElf, Apr 11, 2004.

1. DrTacoElf

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey guys just took a practice RC test. I decided to totally not read the passage and go straight for questions and seek out answers. I finished this method in 16:40 (20 min alotted) but i felt it was very disorganized in the "searching". I got 15/16 correct. For my next test i think i will skim the article completely. And then use the above method. Hopefully that will give me better direction, because something tells me using the initial method isn't the best way..

Comments?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sxr71

sxr71 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think you did well and you will most likely do very well on the actual test. You should do questions from a couple of sources (Kaplan, Top Score etc.). The most realistic passage will come to you from the DAT registration packet.

I think everyone has their own style of tackling this section, and my style is quite different from yours, but if what you're doing works for you then stick with it. I do agree with your instinct that you might be better off skimming the passage first.