Took DAT today----should I be happy or sad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mamma dentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got done taking the exam, and i have mixed feeling about my scores. I am happy about my science scores, where I scored 3-4 pts higher than what i was getiing when I took Achiecver and Top Score.
But my PAT and QR score depresses me and I don't know if I will need to retake my exam! It was a rough year for me, and i am happy overall, but since I applied only to Texas schools i am basically banking on three schools. My score are:

PAT 16 (it hurts to write this , I don't know what happened)
QR 16
RC 19
Bio 22
GC 22
OC 20
TS 21
AA 20

What do you guys think? Any advice will be appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got done taking the exam, and i have mixed feeling about my scores. I am happy about my science scores, where I scored 3-4 pts higher than what i was getiing when I took Achiecver and Top Score.
But my PAT and QR score depresses me and I don't know if I will need to retake my exam! It was a rough year for me, and i am happy overall, but since I applied only to Texas schools i am basically banking on three schools. My score are:

PAT 16 (it hurts to write this , I don't know what happened)
QR 16
RC 19
Bio 22
GC 22
OC 20
TS 21
AA 20

What do you guys think? Any advice will be appreciated!!

Texas schools don't care about PAT so much. Baylor even doesn't look at PAT score!

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think you will have much trouble with these scores. QR is not really considered by many schools and the rest of your scores will make up for the low PAT scores which is also less signifigant than other scores.

I think you should be pumped about you scores ... congrats and good luck!

Thanks to everyone!!! I am feeling really good about my scores now. Will update you all when I get some interviews.