Took MCAT again. Need advice on whether I should change my school list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tbkb2412

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Identify at least twice as many OOS private schools that match your stats (NW, BU, Hofstra, Case...).
Delete Dartmouth unless you are quirkier than what we see here.
Delete Brown (unless you attended Brown).
Mayo and GT are pretty low yield for you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Are your 250 clinical hours volunteering or shadowing? You may want to get more volunteering. Your profile is very good, I would say even with just one MCAT. Ironically, your retake might hurt your chances more than it helps - you retook a 514 which is already a 93rd percentile score, but it's not as if you got a 524 the second time, you just moved up 3 percentiles, which may suggest to schools that you are too focused on testing. At least expect questions in interviews as to why you decided to retake a 93rd percentile score.
You should aim for 15-20 schools. Mayo, Brown, and Dartmouth are pretty high reaches, and there doesn't seem to be any particularly strong hook for those schools in your profile. I would also add
-University of Michigan (they recruit quite a lot of OOS)
-Albert Einstein
-Hofstra
-Duke
-Case Western
-Boston University
-Pitt
-Temple

In addition to your CA schools I suggest all these:
Tufts
Boston University
Rochester
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Hofstra
NYU
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati
Jefferson
Western Michigan
Tulane
Ohio State

The higher MCAT may result in another interview or two. More clinical volunteering hours in the coming year would help.

Reactions: 1 users
Within that range I doubt they care - the "trend" is really important as a second-line metric if you don't already have a good GPA