took the practice exam today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2cr8tive

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i took the free 150 released questions today in my center . i ended up with 85% (40, 40, 47) and a lot of marked questions. also i had no extra time in the first two blocks. so u guys think i will have time problem in the read deal?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
can someone explain this to me plz/

117. A 63-year-old man with a 5-year history of congestive heart failure comes to the emergency department because of a
1-month history of fatigue and labored breathing. Evaluation shows pulmonary edema. Furosemide is administered.
Which of the following sets of physiologic changes is most likely following administration of the drug?

Na+–K+–Cl Transport in the Thick Ascending Loop of Henle , Osmolarity of the Medullary Interstitium , Water Absorption in the Descending Loop of Henle
(A)

↑ ↑ ↑

(B)

↑ ↑ ↓

(C)

↑ ↓ ↑

(D)

↑ ↓ ↓

(E)

↓ ↑ ↑

(F)

↓ ↑ ↓

(G)

↓ ↓ ↑

(H) ↓ ↓ ↓ ****answer

Last edited:
can someone explain this to me plz/

117. A 63-year-old man with a 5-year history of congestive heart failure comes to the emergency department because of a
1-month history of fatigue and labored breathing. Evaluation shows pulmonary edema. Furosemide is administered.
Which of the following sets of physiologic changes is most likely following administration of the drug?

Na+–K+–Cl Transport in the Thick Ascending Loop of Henle , Osmolarity of the Medullary Interstitium , Water Absorption in the Descending Loop of Henle
(A)

↑ ↑ ↑

(B)

↑ ↑ ↓

(C)

↑ ↓ ↑

(D)

↑ ↓ ↓

(E)

↓ ↑ ↑

(F)

↓ ↑ ↓

(G)

↓ ↓ ↑

(H) ↓ ↓ ↓ ****answer

furosemide blocks the NA/K/2Cl pump, abolishing the ability to form a concentrated renal medulla. therefore there is less of a concentration gradient pulling water out of the descending thin LOH. The other two points are obvious. not to scare you, but the physiology on the real exam was more difficult than this example (that I can remember).

BTW, 85% is a very nice practice exam score. you're ready for the real exam.

Last edited:
furosemide blocks the NA/K/2Cl pump, abolishing the ability to form a concentrated renal medulla. therefore there is less of a concentration gradient pulling water out of the descending thin LOH. The other two points are obvious. not to scare you, but the physiology on the real exam was more difficult than this example (that I can remember).

BTW, 85% is a very nice practice exam score. you're ready for the real exam.

Agreed...and agreed. 85% converts to a 249.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed...and agreed. 85% converts to a 249.

but if u look at wikipedia website it converts to a 230 i believe.

yeah it's amazing sometimes the little easy questions i miss or i just cant work out the reasoning. :eek: it kinda freaked me out that i ran out of time but onnnnnneeeee moreeeeeeee week and im done. :hardy:

I think medfriends is more accurate.

For me Medfriends was off by 7 (higher) while wikitestprep was off by 13 (lower)