Took too many courses. Need advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icydragon123

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would say stick it out. A lot of schools also consider course load in their evaluations of your GPA. If it is open book, just take the time to know where to find the information for the exam. A 3.97 with Biophysics will look better than a 4.0 with a drop in Biophysics (which may lead adcom's to think you struggled with this material) IMO. In the grand scheme of things, you should be fine either way.

Wrong subforum. Should be in the general pre-med section.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say stick it out. A lot of schools also consider course load in their evaluations of your GPA. If it is open book, just take the time to know where to find the information for the exam. A 3.97 with Biophysics will look better than a 4.0 with a drop in Biophysics (which may lead adcom's to think you struggled with this material) IMO. In the grand scheme of things, you should be fine either way.
It's debatable. 14 credits 4.0 is better than 18 credits 3.4

I made a huge mistake. I am a senior in my 4th year with a 4.00 GPA. Currently applying. I messed up this semester. I got too overconfident and overloaded myself with courses I didnt even need. I am currently taking 19 credit hours and underestimated the time required for these courses.

Molecular Biology of the Cell
Biophysics 1
Orgo 2 + Lab
Chinese 1 (wanted to learn mandarin, unexpectedly is requiring lots of time to practice)
Peer Leading in Chemistry

I am on top of all my courses except Biophysics 1. It is an online class (online open book exams too) and I am very behind.

I need advice as I am severely overwhelmed. If I drop this course with a W, how bad would this look on my application? Should I just stick it out and take the risk?
One W on your academic record will not negatively impact your chances. Nor will a B grade your senior year.