Tooth Collection Jar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredntst

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my school requires collection of about 100 teeth for the second semester of my first year. They are to be collected in a 1:10 bleach:water solution. An issue I've run into is that the stainless steel lids on my glass jars all start to corrode because of the bleach:water solution!! What types of jars have you guys been using to store these teeth?

Members don't see this ad.

So my school requires collection of about 100 teeth for the second semester of my first year. They are to be collected in a 1:10 bleach:water solution. An issue I've run into is that the stainless steel lids on my glass jars all start to corrode because of the bleach:water solution!! What types of jars have you guys been using to store these teeth?

Get an empty pathology/specimen bottle. I work at an OMFS office and have to collect teeth all the time. This is what I personally use and it never has any problems.

Get an empty pathology/specimen bottle. I work at an OMFS office and have to collect teeth all the time. This is what I personally use and it never has any problems.

Do you know where I could purchase those from?

I'm currently trying out ziploc storage containers to see if they hold the bleach solution well.

Members don't see this ad :)
They probably informed you to use plastic leak proof container. Plastic jars or food containers of appropriate size

They probably informed you to use plastic leak proof container. Plastic jars or food containers of appropriate size

I was told "well constructed plastic or glass". I found a few large spice containers that seem to do the trick!

Just get a Nalgene bottle from REI or any sporting goods store. They are less than $10.

2178-2025-2.jpg

Keep in mind that wide opening is easier to use when you are "fishing" for a right tooth