Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went and tallied this for the results shown on their websites for 2004, so we can see the numbers versus everyone stating their rumors, opinions:
SGU
202 (133+69) Internal Medicine + Family Practice [46.5%]
70 Pediatrics [16.1%]
41 Surgery [9.4%]
35 Anesthesiology [8.1%]
30 Emergency Medicine [6.9%]
18 OB/gyn [4.1%]
13 Psychiatry
8 Rehab
6 Pathology
6 Neuro
5 Radio
---
434 Total
46.5% IM/FP | 53.5% Other
ROSS
94 (50+44) Internal Medicine + Family Practice [65.7%]
12 OB/gyn [8.4%]
10 Pediatrics [7.0%]
9 Surgery [6.3%]
6 Psychiatry [4.1%]
5 Emergency Medicine
3 Anesthesiology
3 Rehab
1 Neuro
----
143 Total
65.7% IM/FP | 34.3% Other
AUC
100 (44+56) Internal Medicine + Family Practice [61.7%]
20 Surgery [12.3%]
11 Pediatrics [6.8%]
11 Psychiatry (6.8%]
5 Anesthesiology [3.1%]
5 Emergency Medicine
5 OB/gyn
1 Rehab
1 Pathology
1 Neuro
2 Radio
---
162 Total
61.7% IM/FP | 38.3% Other
I'm sure people will have things to say (Disclaimer: I'm an undergrad in California and haven't applied to any med schools yet; for SGU I had to tally for each specialty so I can be wrong a couple numbers here and there)
SGU
202 (133+69) Internal Medicine + Family Practice [46.5%]
70 Pediatrics [16.1%]
41 Surgery [9.4%]
35 Anesthesiology [8.1%]
30 Emergency Medicine [6.9%]
18 OB/gyn [4.1%]
13 Psychiatry
8 Rehab
6 Pathology
6 Neuro
5 Radio
---
434 Total
46.5% IM/FP | 53.5% Other
ROSS
94 (50+44) Internal Medicine + Family Practice [65.7%]
12 OB/gyn [8.4%]
10 Pediatrics [7.0%]
9 Surgery [6.3%]
6 Psychiatry [4.1%]
5 Emergency Medicine
3 Anesthesiology
3 Rehab
1 Neuro
----
143 Total
65.7% IM/FP | 34.3% Other
AUC
100 (44+56) Internal Medicine + Family Practice [61.7%]
20 Surgery [12.3%]
11 Pediatrics [6.8%]
11 Psychiatry (6.8%]
5 Anesthesiology [3.1%]
5 Emergency Medicine
5 OB/gyn
1 Rehab
1 Pathology
1 Neuro
2 Radio
---
162 Total
61.7% IM/FP | 38.3% Other
I'm sure people will have things to say (Disclaimer: I'm an undergrad in California and haven't applied to any med schools yet; for SGU I had to tally for each specialty so I can be wrong a couple numbers here and there)
