Top Caribbean Medical Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nihitmehta

Osteopathic Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for top Medical Schools in Caribbean, according to the following basis:-
1. Have programs that allow students to work within the community helping the local population.

2 Has the highest number of American Students.

3. Has excellent residency rates for it's students. has a high USMLE scores for students.

Members don't see this ad.

So you basically want somebody else to do your legwork for you, huh? This is all readily searchable information.

Whatever, I had a good day today and I'm feeling generous so I'll bite. If you're a US citizen and want to ultimately practice in the US, then your options in no particular order are St George's University, Ross University, American University of the Caribbean and Saba University, AKA "the Big 4".

I don't know if those are the best criterion to make your decision upon.

Out of the 3, the last one is the most important. However, it will be damn near impossible to find data on average USMLE scores at each school. All they will give you is the pass rate. Even residency match rates are non existent. The best you will find is a list of matches students received, but you will not be able to determine how many did not match.

The 4 ben mentioned are the top schools. You will have to do research on your own to determine which one is the best fit for you. Consider quality of life on the island, cost, affiliated hospitals, and what programs students match to.

Longest track record of getting their graduates into residency AND subsequently getting permanent licensure in all fifty states.

The rest is fluff that doesn't matter at all, especially given the investment in time and money that you will be making - or - unless you aren't really concerned about your future after you graduate.

-Skip