Top Front End, top view?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i was wondering which of the following 4 choices is the top view.
tfe.jpg

1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th picture? (size doesn't matter since I drew it without measuring length precisely)

In crack dat pat, it seems it's ALWAYS the 2nd picture.
Kaplan blue book? well i think it's also always the 2nd picture view(not sure, need to check it again).
In Barron? it can be any four of them.

Does anyone know if Barron is using an illegal method just like they did with hole punching problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I dont think anything is illegal, it depends on the other view they show you.
For example if they show u the front view and the top view, u can assume the side view, and vice vesa.

Why is it such a big deal?

It's a big deal becuz there is a rule to figure out the side you are looking for even without thinking. If they give me different view for top, it could possibly alter this easy way out.

It's a big deal becuz there is a rule to figure out the side you are looking for even without thinking. If they give me different view for top, it could possibly alter this easy way out.

Care to share this method, please?

Also, shouldn't it be the 2nd picture for the top view?

Members don't see this ad :)
Care to share this method, please?

Also, shouldn't it be the 2nd picture for the top view?

Yes, it's 2nd picture from the top view according to Kaplan and Crack DAT PAT, but Barron sees it from all 4 diff direction which can be very confusing depends on which book you've been using to practice.

I will share the method after finding out this top patter otherwise it will confuse others. So i will wait until this top view is confirmed.

It would be the second picture. The others are wrong because the lines are facing the wrond direction and the rectangle is facing the wrong direction too.
It makes a huge difference. If you are rotating the onject then there is never going to be a difference between the Top and Side and Front views. Just rotate it and they are all the same. Barrons has alot of mistakes and this is one of them.

It would be the second picture. The others are wrong because the lines are facing the wrond direction and the rectangle is facing the wrong direction too.
It makes a huge difference. If you are rotating the onject then there is never going to be a difference between the Top and Side and Front views. Just rotate it and they are all the same. Barrons has alot of mistakes and this is one of them.

The others are not wrong. The lines can be facing any direction depends on from where you are looking at the picture. They are still top view.

But I hope you are right. 2nd one is how it supposed to be in Kaplan and Crack. Barron....bah...(trash!)

The others are not wrong. The lines can be facing any direction depends on from where you are looking at the picture. They are still top view.

But I hope you are right. 2nd one is how it supposed to be in Kaplan and Crack. Barron....bah...(trash!)

You always look at a picture head on right on top just the way it is facing. There is no rotating or looking from a different direction.