Top program communiques

Started by Wondereye
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wondereye

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi question about others experiences with contacting rads PD. I sent an email to my top program earlier this week telling them they were my top program. I have yet to receive any sort of email reply/confirmation back from the PD, so far. Does no response imply anything?
 
Hi question about others experiences with contacting rads PD. I sent an email to my top program earlier this week telling them they were my top program. I have yet to receive any sort of email reply/confirmation back from the PD, so far. Does no response imply anything?

I think they have been advised not to correspond with applicants after interview day
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would not read anything into it. Some programs simply have a general rule not to respond. Just rank them the way you feel, that is the only thing you can control. Good luck.
 
Yeah, I didn't hear back from my #1 either.

I heard from my #3, though. It kind of makes me want to put #3 much higher.
 
Sent my top 5 places "love" emails 2 years ago. Heard back from one (#3 out of top 5) with a generic response. Told my #1 they were #1 and matched there.

I don't think communication from a program amounts to much IMO. On the flip side telling a program they are your #1 may/could help you. Just make sure it's genuine.