Top ten DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The top ten DO schools are GA-PCOM.

In fact, that list comprises the top 10 schools of any kind. GA-PCOM is the Chuck Norris of education.

Members don't see this ad.

That is hard when it spells "gapcom"

I'd prefer to flip the letters around so it doesn't say "gap"

OUCOM is 2nd overall for the past 3 years in COMLEX scores. No, I don't know the first. Thus, I don't understand how that would be considered a "low-tier" school.

I think a lot of people forget about it since it accepts 80% Ohio people so is largely closed off to out of staters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bah, average COMLEX scores don't mean much. I wouldn't infer too much from them. You should be concerned, if they are too low, however. Otherwise, I'd look to other factors in making your decision.

Anyway, trying to rank schools definitively is not a good use of time, in my humble opinion. Furthermore, I believe that the member who tiered their schools was doing so on personal criteria, not necessarily on COMLEX score, or whatever.

Go to the beach instead of trying to rank schools definitively... Better use of time. :)

I would say TCOM, strictly based on the numbers. Their avgs are on par with TX MD programs. I dont know all of their amenities and such but majority of grads end up in TX with allo residencies.

This is from a guy who got dissed by TCOM

I think it's through the process of applying and interviewing that you find out what you want.

Could not have said it any better. What you think is not what appears to be when you visit for the interview.

Point in case: one school I went back to take a second look at would only let me see it as long as I was with a student approved by the admissions office, not any ole regular student -- which was odd. I can understand that they don't want me to sit next to a disgruntled student. But at the end of the day, they have to trust that we can make the right decision, that we can discern between what is reality versus a student who may say things b/c he is mad about his grade, or some other trivial thing.

My ranking: I put state DO schools above the private ones, only because money doesn't seem to be the only guiding factor. But then again it is only an opinion, and not worth much.

I would say TCOM, strictly based on the numbers. Their avgs are on par with TX MD programs. I dont know all of their amenities and such but majority of grads end up in TX with allo residencies.

This is from a guy who got dissed by TCOM
TCOM gets a ton of people who could get into any number of MD schools, but didn't even apply outside of Texas, for financial reasons (and the pain in the ass of filling out another application)

(I have no Idea what I'm talking about, but...)

The school does not make the student. The student makes the student. A crappy student will go nowhere at Harvard, and a motivated student will have a stellar career after Upstairs Hollywood Medical College. The more important question is which school has the hottest girls? This should be your main factor in choosing a school:idea:

Seriously, if after this thread you still are asking the same question, you have self-esteem issues that will not be solved by a medical school.

But, seriously, which schools have the hottest girls?

For at least the past 2 years, TCOM has been top of COMLEX by quite a margin ahead of second place. I dont know about before that, but the 4th years usually place into competitive residencies based on the lists sent out by the dean

pretty much any school that ends with COM is a good DO school.

If you want a top notch med school than look no further than University of Pheonix med school. All your classes are online and they send you a cadaver through the mail for anatomy lab. It's perfect for the working adult. Seriously, check it out.:laugh:

If you want a top notch med school than look no further than University of Pheonix med school. All your classes are online and they send you a cadaver through the mail for anatomy lab. It's perfect for the working adult. Seriously, check it out.:laugh:

Plus the tests are online so you can Wikipedia all the answers