Topical steriod-induced long-existing acne!

Started by Rakotork
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakotork

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good day to everyone here!

Being a family physician, I'm not quite well experienced in certain conditions that require specialist intervention.

I need your help regarding health of one of my relatives, a young woman.

I've translated her complaints and anamnesis and converted them into more medically correct terms.

Here we go:

"While having a mild acne 3 years ago, I've tried to self-treat them by topical steroid creme. Eventually it became much worse and I haven't been able to recover even after three years of treatment, which is described below.

During last two and a half years I had been treated by local well-known soviet-educated dermatologist:

1) 1.5 years on sugar-, alcohol and wheat-free diet (that's totally awful! 🙁 )
2) oral doxycycline and fluconasole treatment plan prescribed by local dermatologist (Ukraine) for 3-4 months, two or three courses;
3) antibiotic/dexamethasone-containing multicomponent topical custom solutions, prescribed by same local dermatologist and produced in the local government pharmacy."

What thoughts do you have regarding her condition, required treatment and prognosis?

I'll be very grateful for any response.

Best regards,

Me 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, honest question before this gets locked...do you have reservations about referring the patient to a dermatologist? Do you have trouble finding one? How do you know anyone on here is a dermatologist? There's no way to vet posters here. We could all be a bunch of cons posing as derms giving made up advice and ostensibly, you trust us over referring to a practicing derm?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.