Topics NOT tested in Uworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tajima

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I completed the Uworld bank and I don't remember seeing any questions on the following subjects:

1. Renal tubular acidoses
2. Bartter, Gitelman and other renal tubular diseases.
3. Sleep disorders with EEGs
4. Rickettsia

Anyone else know of any topics not covered by world?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
there was an erhlichia question, which is a rickettsial type disease, and RTA, im not sure but i think there was a pt who was given continuous CA inhibitors, and you had to guess what the patients urinary ph would be or something.

While we're on the topic of RTAs, can someone explain why you would get an <5.5 urine pH with type 4 hyperkalemic RTA? If you're decreasing NH4+ secretion in urine, I figured it'd make sense that the urine would be >5.5. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
While we're on the topic of RTAs, can someone explain why you would get an <5.5 urine pH with type 4 hyperkalemic RTA? If you're decreasing NH4+ secretion in urine, I figured it'd make sense that the urine would be >5.5. Thanks!
I think the idea is that there is less buffering capacity in the nephron due to less NH3, causing the little acid that is excreted to acidify the urine more than it would under normal circumstances.

UWorld covers 97% or more of what's going to be on the test. Don't go chasing the 1-3%; focus on the heart of the material.