1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

TOPSCORE kills computer resources

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by STACM, Jun 18, 2008.

1. STACM

7+ Year Member

Anyone else noticed that whenever you use Topscore, your processor gets used up 100% for no reason? I also use CrackDATPAT, Acheiver, and Kaplan programs, none of which do that at all.

Whenever I'm using topscore, the fan on my computer stays on all the time and when I press control+alt+delete to task manager it says topscore is using 100% resources. Doesnt make sense to me since topscore is like the last type of program that would use up resources. The only programs that take up major processing power are like games with tons of graphics or programs that have to process lots of stuff. Must be some kind of bug in their program that keeps running the processor in an infinite loop with no function.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. creative8401

creative8401 Im Anush Hayastan
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I know! LOL what is up with this program, i noticed that too when my computer starting howling b/c all the fans were on high, i checked cpu it was 100% too, lol, i dont know why it happens, make sure all the fans are working, it be very bad if the computer burns with all the DAT files, lol

4. STACM

7+ Year Member

I was on battery power one time and it sucked my normal 1 and a half hours down to 20 minutes

5. ET87

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    haha that's really funny. In the past few days, I've been noticing my computer doing something weird, like thinking too much or something. It definitely seems to correlate very well with Topscore running =P

6. Dmitry Malayev

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hmm...

Damn i was gonna run it on my notebook pc, but now i guess i think i'll run it on my desktop pc, seeing as how it's so much better.