TopScore Warning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaba

S.mutans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am upset that TopScore didn't notify clearly that it would expire! I had no idea!! Since the Canadian DAT is in Nov/Feb I thought I would have time during the school year to study for it as well. I ended up not having time and didn't use the software. I am now P*ssed off that I have never used it and now that I have time to use it I got this message. What a waste of money!!! I wish there was something that I could do.

For all those who didn't know.....

VERY UPSET!

Members don't see this ad.

just call them...they are really nice. they usually will extend the use for you

they have it written all over the CD...also if u call they say that they can extend it... just try.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok thanks guys!!

On the cd all that is written: Do Not Make Illegal Copies of This Disk. I guess I should have read the whole policy.

But I will give it a shot. Hopefully they will give me maybe just a week or so. Just so I at least made some use of it.

They'll extend it for you , just give them a call.

I am upset that TopScore didn't notify clearly that it would expire! I had no idea!! Since the Canadian DAT is in Nov/Feb I thought I would have time during the school year to study for it as well. I ended up not having time and didn't use the software. I am now P*ssed off that I have never used it and now that I have time to use it I got this message. What a waste of money!!! I wish there was something that I could do.

For all those who didn't know.....

VERY UPSET!

Yeah their policy is real garbage. Since you did purchase the disc and it is yours to do what you wish with (and since I think their expiration policy really sucks).. I had the same thing happen to me, I ended up getting a virus on my computer afterwards and had to reinstall windows (on the same computer I had my expired TS on) and tried reinstalling TS again afterwards (just for the heck of it)and it worked FOR ME (im not telling you to go and mess up your computer, im just explaining my story).. It was the same computer I first activated it on when I purchased it.

Dude there are many other DAT prep material. Suck it up!

Marion

Dude there are many other DAT prep material. Suck it up!

Marion

For your information, there are not a lot of DAT prep materials out there for the Canadian DAT. Because TopScore is one of the only great prep tools available for the Canadian DAT, I will stick to my original statement.

I actually had mine expire THE NIGHT BEFORE i took the DAT. I was not happy, especially since my wife had unknowingly bought me a second copy, but I couldn't get that one to work either.

I got so desparate to talk with someone at the company, I found the name of one of the execs, and then proceeded to look his name up in the online phone book and called the number. It would have been about 11:30 PM his time. Turns out he wasn't the guy but he was very polite nonetheless...

I'm going to join those who said Topscore's policy is BS and as far as getting an extension...not as easy as it should have been.

Seems like you're complaining about something you should know about. When I bought it 1 year ago, it was VERY clear that it expired. Everytime I opened the software I am pretty sure it said "xx days left". It was all over the website and on the disc package and the receipt.

They're running a business by the way....if it didn't expire or require the registration I'm willing to bet the software would be all over SDN for free. The software is awesome and was the final key for me doing very well on the DAT. Suck it up and thank them for finally making a good product that so many companies failed to do.

You're complaining about something stupid.

O, and they gave me an extension w/o question. Just be nice...because they really don't have to even consider giving you the extension.

Now, if we're talking about Microsoft Windows, I have no problem stealing from them.... :D