Tornado hit yesterday...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rddoms

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last night at around 6:30pm, a tornado touched down in Kirksville, MO. there have been 3 reported casualties. No KCOM students were seriously injured (to my knowledge), but many lost their homes. Please keep these peers in your thoughts and prayers!

Members don't see this ad.

I saw that on the news this morning. They had video from Kirksville. Best of luck with everything. I grew up in the midwest, so I know what a pain tornados are.

I don't want to worry any class of 2013 students. This was the first tornado to hit Kirksville in 110 years. I have to tell you how amazing this school is. Everyone is offering help, shelter, food, clothes, etc. I am just thankful that the tornado wasn't worse.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa man .... keep safe you guys. My regrets to anyone affected by this. :thumbdown:

I just saw a few video clips, I know how scary that can be.

I wish the best for the city and its recovery. The damage looked pretty bad from the aerial view in the video.

I don't want to worry any class of 2013 students. This was the first tornado to hit Kirksville in 110 years. I have to tell you how amazing this school is. Everyone is offering help, shelter, food, clothes, etc. I am just thankful that the tornado wasn't worse.

Good to see the town pulling together. I wouldn't expect anything but that. I'm sure Northeast Regional was busy.

Just passing along some info:

If anyone wants to donate to the relief fund, you can do so at http://www.atsu.edu/gift. "The fund is set up to directly assist students who have been affected by the storms and is called the ATSU Student Emergency Assistance Fund."

On the form, select "I am making a new one-time gift". Under type of gift, select "Please direct my gift to the ATSU Student Emergency Assistance Fund (Kirksville Tornado Relief)".