total number of times vs consecutive times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mommy2three

PGY-1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am hoping someone somewhere has some insight into this.
here is the story...i took the mcat in april 2004, score 26R (9p,9v,8b)
decided fairly late in july to sit for the august mcat (am also in kaplan prep course at the moment). however, considering we just welcomed our third child into the world in the begining of july i am feeling very unprepared for the mcat and i am seriously begining to doubt my decision to sit for the august test.
due to other considerations, i am only applying with acomas this application year (very LONG story) so i do not need to take the august mcat. but from what i understand if i do not get in (and i am hoping i do) then i would need to sit for the mcat again before next summer as the scores are only good for three years.
so that brings me to my question:
if i sit for the august mcat and improve over my exsisting score but perhaps do not perform as well as i would like to thereby needing to sit for it again in jan/feb how many times will they have considered me to have taken the test? (by they i am speaking of potential schools to which i apply) is it different because the scores from 2004 would no longer be considered valid, so i would have only 2 times? or does it not matter and they would see it as 3 times??
thanks for any insight

Members don't see this ad.

mommy2three said:
i am hoping someone somewhere has some insight into this.
here is the story...i took the mcat in april 2004, score 26R (9p,9v,8b)
decided fairly late in july to sit for the august mcat (am also in kaplan prep course at the moment). however, considering we just welcomed our third child into the world in the begining of july i am feeling very unprepared for the mcat and i am seriously begining to doubt my decision to sit for the august test.
due to other considerations, i am only applying with acomas this application year (very LONG story) so i do not need to take the august mcat. but from what i understand if i do not get in (and i am hoping i do) then i would need to sit for the mcat again before next summer as the scores are only good for three years.
so that brings me to my question:
if i sit for the august mcat and improve over my exsisting score but perhaps do not perform as well as i would like to thereby needing to sit for it again in jan/feb how many times will they have considered me to have taken the test? (by they i am speaking of potential schools to which i apply) is it different because the scores from 2004 would no longer be considered valid, so i would have only 2 times? or does it not matter and they would see it as 3 times??
thanks for any insight
Correct me if I am wrong someone...but, I believe that even though they do not accept scores from more than three years ago, it still counts toward the total number of times you have taken it. You might want to call the schools you are interested in attending and ask that general question.