Touro Accreditation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charlottefromca

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in applying to Touro next year and noticed that they have achieved candidate status.

I've read here on SDN that means that all students who are enrolled and going to enroll this coming Fall are guaranteed to be able to take the boards, but I read on Touro's website that

"Candidate status shall be effective as of June 30, 2006, and shall extend through June 30, 2008"

So I know its not likely but isn't there still a possibility that the candidate status could be revoked following the June 30, 2008 date and those graduate following that date would not be protected by the Candidate status that has been granted this past year?

Any help from current/incoming TU students or anyone informed in this matter would be very helpful!

I was also wondering what the deal was with UCSD and Loma Linda, have they graduated their first class yet and are they going to be accredited soon? I'm just worried about applying to schools, being accepted to one and then having the accreditation not happen, I know its VERY unlikely, but I would just like to be more informed.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm interested in applying to Touro next year and noticed that they have achieved candidate status.

I've read here on SDN that means that all students who are enrolled and going to enroll this coming Fall are guaranteed to be able to take the boards, but I read on Touro's website that

"Candidate status shall be effective as of June 30, 2006, and shall extend through June 30, 2008"

So I know its not likely but isn't there still a possibility that the candidate status could be revoked following the June 30, 2008 date and those graduate following that date would not be protected by the Candidate status that has been granted this past year?

Any help from current/incoming TU students or anyone informed in this matter would be very helpful!

I was also wondering what the deal was with UCSD and Loma Linda, have they graduated their first class yet and are they going to be accredited soon? I'm just worried about applying to schools, being accepted to one and then having the accreditation not happen, I know its VERY unlikely, but I would just like to be more informed.

The candidate status can last for 5 years (till 2011 for Touro). Theoretically, the status can be revoked any time before that but it's unlikely to happen. So if you're accepted to Touro for Fall 2007, trust me, you're fine.
Regarding UCSD and LLU, bc of some "unknown" reason, they cannot be fully accredited this year (even their 1st class graduate and their 5 yr candiate status is over). All I know is they are given 1 more yr to correct whatever "unknown" mistakes, errrors...there are. I think if you're an applicant to either school, you have the right to ask them to explain.

Hi, I asked the UCSD students and who got in this year, none of them are worried. I think the deal was that they didn't had a separate building for the pharmacy school. Now they have a nice new building. I am pretty sure they will be accredited by next year.