Touro-CA vs AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esso

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all.

Thoughts on Touro: I am from Norcal and would love to stay close to home. A lot of people from my university went to Touro-CA and seem to like it there. However, a lot of people say Touro is a terrible program on SDN.

Thoughts on AZCOM: Overall it seemed like a strong program and I like how they have pretty good matches into specialties. I am worried about the really high tuition. It has a much nicer campus than Touro

Members don't see this ad.

Title says it all.

Thoughts on Touro: I am from Norcal and would love to stay close to home. A lot of people from my university went to Touro-CA and seem to like it there. However, a lot of people say Touro is a terrible program on SDN.

Thoughts on AZCOM: Overall it seemed like a strong program and I like how they have pretty good matches into specialties. I am worried about the really high tuition. It has a much nicer campus than Touro

And this is why you need to do your own research. All 3 Touros are completely different and have different curriculums.

In this case I'd pick AZCOM unless you REALLY want to stay close to home.

Reactions: 1 user
Seafood + Napa wine + Mexican vs Mexican.

And AZ is hot in the summer. But it's a dry heat! So's my oven.

Then again, I've been told that the Bay Area is freezing in the summer!

Always best to inquire in the school-specific threads.

Title says it all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends what are of NorCal you're from. If you're any further than sac you won't really be going home that must because you'll be busy to leave for every weekend

I'd choose AZCOM. Price it nearly the same right?

I'm like an hour from Vallejo. Price difference is 10K.

I'm like an hour from Vallejo. Price difference is 10K.

I'd go with Touro-CA. Touro-NY and NV have the poor reputation, although Touro-CAs match list is pretty underwhelming for their entrance stats. Although I like AZCOM too. Can't really go wrong with either, so pick something based on location/curriculum etc.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd pick touro ca if you're only an hour away. The 10k saving is worth it plus being close to home the first year is pretty priceless to me. Not that you'll be able to go home all the time but it's a very big transition you go through and can send many students into depression. Having the option of friends and family being close enough to visit you is priceless.

AZCOM is 10K more per year.

^ Welp, I'd prob pick Touro then if I were in your shoes.

Having interviewed at both schools, know that AZCOM's tuition will rise 3-7% annually, while TUCOM-CA's will rise about 3%, according to both schools. TUCOM-CA also produces a lot of primary care docs, but many students there seem to prefer it.