Touro Cali/nyc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got my interview invitation today! It was complete beginning of October, had some LOR issues. Anyone who the interview dates for the cycle. Doens't say anywhere on the website or SDN. I need to call them to find out im guessing.
thank you

sdlove, what kidn of LOR issues did you encounter....I might have some problems too (read post above)....i really hope i dont have to hunt for another LOR.:(

Members don't see this ad.

touro asked to submit a supplemetnal today. included in the package was a postcard, tha tasked for a LOR from a science faculty, even though touro recieved 3 LORs via pharmcas (1 from pharmacsit and 2 from faculty)...anybody else have a simliar problem?

Lee, i wouldsubmit the supplemental ASAP since theyre rolling admissiosn.

Thanks for tip, I'll try to do my best to get it in ASAP. Eek weird they sent you to get another LOR, if I got that task it would have slowed me down another good month. Was it on the first letter about PharmCAS review? I have a few deficient prereqs that I just need to complete before matriculation, the other one seems like a generic letter (Dear Applicant).

is touro also sending out rejections to ppl who r not invited for an interview? Some1 rejected without an interview after submitting their supplemental?

Members don't see this ad :)
no rejection letters as of now, just supplemental invites, interview invites, and acceptance letters!!! whoooo!
Good luck to yall! I'm gonna go outside and do cartwheels.

i received my supplemental invite from Touro on Thurs, 10/18. they sent it in the big yellow manila folder. I submitted my PharmCAS on 9/1 (barely made it to the Tier 2 deadline for UOP). My stats are in the Loma Linda thread. Now I get to spend my Sunday writing the supplemental... whoopy...:rolleyes:

Anyone interviewing this thursday 10/25 and staying at the Quality Inn hotel?

This sounds great, i live in NY so if i don't get into LIU pharm i will definitely consider Touro.

Can we apply to ny touro through pharmcas, does the ny touro require a pcat?

Hey everyone,
I'm driving up northern CA for the Touro interview this Friday...can someone tell me the exact location of the Quality Inn so I can google it and call them ahead for reservations?

does anybody know howmany students will bea ccepted to Touro for fall 2008?

I just got an interview for 11/8...does anyone know how long touro interviews last?

Hey everyone,
I'm driving up northern CA for the Touro interview this Friday...can someone tell me the exact location of the Quality Inn so I can google it and call them ahead for reservations?

quality inn, vallejo

does anybody know howmany students will bea ccepted to Touro for fall 2008?

they said around a hundred

I just got an interview for 11/8...does anyone know how long touro interviews list?

i'm guessing you meant last instead of list..
they last 1 hour...but it flies by since it's more of a group discussion style rather than them asking a question to each of you looking for an answer

I got an invite for supplemental back in Mid September but haven't heard about the interview. Does it mean they will send me a rejection later in the cycle? Is anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invite for supplemental back in Mid September but haven't heard about the interview. Does it mean they will send me a rejection later in the cycle? Is anyone else in the same boat?

Now I'm a bit worried about sending in my supplemental. Smallkitty when did you mail in your supplemental?

im in the same boat....i submitted my supplemental on arnd 3rd sep...havent heard anything since thn...i hope we get an interview...:(

Don't worry your not alone ApplicantpharmD, I haven't heard anything either and I submitted my supps around mid sept too. :(:rolleyes::confused:

Does anyone know how to answer the personal statement question "without considering skills and accomplishments, please describe those personal characteristics you feel make you standout as an individual"?

I actually got the packet in late august/early september and started to work on it then, but I've had so much going on that I didn't get back to working on it until this week (after PCATs). I am FREAKING OUT!

Does anyone know how to answer the personal statement question "without considering skills and accomplishments, please describe those personal characteristics you feel make you standout as an individual"?

I actually got the packet in late august/early september and started to work on it then, but I've had so much going on that I didn't get back to working on it until this week (after PCATs). I am FREAKING OUT!

Yeah, I had trouble with this essay too when I was first writing it. Basically, its telling you to write something about your personality. Basically any activity you have on your resume or anything regarding your grades, just ignore them. Like think of a time you were hanging out with your friends and what your personality is like when you're with them. And then relate that to pharmacy in some way.

touro hasnt sent any rejection letters yet, so for those who sent in supplementals already and haven't heard yet, they're either putting your app on hold (perhaps to wait until fall grades) or they want to compare to you w/ the rest of the pool. for those who haven't submitted the supplemental yet, do it asap if you wanna go here, interviews have been goin on for a couple weeks now and seats have been taken already.

so this is what happened to me....

along with the supplemental application, i recieved a postcard requesting a LOR. I thought this was odd because Touro already recieved 2 LORs, and would be recieving a 3rd from pharmcas in the coming week. So i wasnt sure if they wanted me to submit a 4th letter of rec...of if they were waiting on the 3rd letter from pharmcas. I called touro about this...the lady that anwered the phone told me that they "obviously sent me that postcard because they were waiting on the 3rd letter of recomendation." so i disregarded the postcard and sent the supplemental....today,i receive an email requesitng a 4th letter fo rec..from a science teacher that has taught em in a class.....

does this sound strange? 4 lettters fo rec? that seems excessive..

3 letters of rec are from a pharmacist i workred for, a supervisor from my masters degree, and a research coordinatr that i worked for.

hhmmm

so this is what happened to me....

along with the supplemental application, i recieved a postcard requesting a LOR. I thought this was odd because Touro already recieved 2 LORs, and would be recieving a 3rd from pharmcas in the coming week. So i wasnt sure if they wanted me to submit a 4th letter of rec...of if they were waiting on the 3rd letter from pharmcas. I called touro about this...the lady that anwered the phone told me that they "obviously sent me that postcard because they were waiting on the 3rd letter of recomendation." so i disregarded the postcard and sent the supplemental....today,i receive an email requesitng a 4th letter fo rec..from a science teacher that has taught em in a class.....

does this sound strange? 4 lettters fo rec? that seems excessive..

3 letters of rec are from a pharmacist i workred for, a supervisor from my masters degree, and a research coordinatr that i worked for.

hhmmm

Touro requires that 1 recommendation must be from a science professor...

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schooltouropage.htm

i bet this is a really stupid question but.. is touro a jewish college? so would it be weird if me, an asian christian applied there? does it matter?

and also.. has anyone heard anything from touro NY??

hey guys... i just recieved a supp application in the mail and my stats are not too great....do you guys think i should still turn it in? waste of money? pelase help! :confused:

hey guys... i just recieved a supp application in the mail and my stats are not too great....do you guys think i should still turn it in? waste of money? pelase help! :confused:

I personally think that you should still turn it in. Obviously, they saw something in you that made them want to give you a supplemental, so I would say to go for it :)

I turned in my supplemental at the beginning of sep. but still haven't heard anything from them yet. It seem like they're pretty tough to get into now. My stats are 3.1 overall and 3.0 sciences with decent amount of pharmacy experience. good luck ppl.

to answer the last few posts:
-do the supplemental, whats great about Touro is that they are not only looking at grades...anything above 3.0 cumulative and science will make you competitive if you have great experience and LORs, very true. also, the supplemental essay will allow you to talk about multiple aspects of yourself that can separate you from other applicants.

-for those waiting after sending the supplementals, keep those fingers crossed. they're expecting about 2500-3000 applications this cycle. i think touro is starting to get more competitive because of their clinical emphasis, 2+2 curriculum/rotation, and the fact that they are well on their way to being accredited.

-Class of 2011 avg gpa: 3.33, who knows what it'll be for 2012

did anyone apply to ny touro??

i thought u couldnt yet..

did anyone apply to ny touro??

i thought u couldnt yet..

no..you cant yet. you just have to keep checking their website [you can get it from touro.edu] and reading their updates. i've been waiting as well!

Anyone from the 10/25 interview hear back from Mr. Davis yet?

It should be emailed today right? Did he ever mention what time?

Last week's group got the news around noon. *fingers crossed*

Woohoo!! I got in too!! Congrats sbomb

Woohoo!! I got in too!! Congrats sbomb

Congratulation to sbomb and terse. Would you please let us know when you sent the supp as well as share with us you stats. Thanks a lot.

I got in too!! Did your email contain your name?

I got in too!! Did your email contain your name?

I got in today also! The email did not contain my name, however. I think it must be a generic email sent to all the interviewees who got accepted. Congratulations to those who got in.

I got in today also! The email did not contain my name, however. I think it must be a generic email sent to all the interviewees who got accepted. Congratulations to those who got in.

Congratulation and again please let us know your stat as well as the time that you sent the supp application.

congrats everyone!!! :thumbup: it must feel so good to know you got accepted!

HUGE congrats to everyone!!!:clap:

Looks like the class of 2012 is forming from SDNers!!!:banana:

And I hope we'll see each other on Mare Island in September 2008!!!

Last time I was at Mare Island, it was still a military base.

I lived on the Presidio back in the early 1990s, when it too was still a base. The place I lived in is now over $3000/month to rent :eek:

typharm..... I submitted my supp around mid sept I believe. my cum gpa is 3.50

Hi everyone, my interview date is nov 21st. I live in the bay area, is it possible to commute to the school by bart (i don't have a car)? Or is it better to get there the night before and stay at the marriot?

Hi everyone, my interview date is nov 21st. I live in the bay area, is it possible to commute to the school by bart (i don't have a car)? Or is it better to get there the night before and stay at the marriot?

the BART doesn't go to Vallejo.. the last stop on that side is Richmond

Does Touro college accept PharmCas application?

It is so stupid question:confused: here, but I cannot find any application form on the website of Touro college.

Please tell me how to apply to this college.:luck:

Submit pharmcas first and they will send you snail mail to invite you to do supplementals if they are interested.

Congrats to those who got excepted!!! You must be jumping up and down! I know I would be...:D

Does Touro college accept PharmCas application?

It is so stupid question:confused: here, but I cannot find any application form on the website of Touro college.

Please tell me how to apply to this college.:luck:

Submit pharmcas first and they will send you snail mail to invite you to do supplementals if they are interested.

Congrats to those who got excepted!!! You must be jumping up and down! I know I would be...:D

i think makewish asked about touro college in NY, not touro univ of CA.

I just got my acceptance letter today! I was waiting for Mr. Davis to email me on Friday, but he never did.

btw...i interviewed on 10/25.