Touro California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you arrive early, they have you meet in the lounge area with the other candidates until it is time. You then gather in a small room and do a writing exercise followed by financial aid discussion. Then comes the part where they recommend you wear comfortable shoes. Since the Faragutt Inn is located on a hill top, you will have to walk down the hill to get to the actual interviewing room. The flight of stairs is long and I run out of breath walking up but I am out of shape 😛. Aside from the stairs, there isn't anything cumbersome if u choose to wear uncomfortable shoes. However, if u choose high heels, I would be cautious walking down the stairs especially if its rainy.It's not a big of a deal as they make it out to be. Wear what makes u feel confident.

Anyways, after you get to the interviewing building, u are introduced to the school's program and they give u a a few minutes to wash up before they conduct interviews!

Thank you so much for the response! I actually didn't even know we were supposed to meet at the Faragutt Inn. Your post was very helpful 🙂
 
Hi guys! I got accepted but I am a little bit concerned about the deposit. I was wondering if any of you could give me advice as to how I would be able to pay it off. I'm kind of in a financial situation. Ty
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I got accepted but I am a little bit concerned about the deposit. I was wondering if any of you could give me advice as to how I would be able to pay it off. I'm kind of in a financial situation. Ty

when was your interview???
 
Hi,

my application was complete on November 17th. I know that is really late but I am wondering if anyone else was complete around that time and has already received an ii? I am getting really nervous waiting and seriously regretting that I applied so late. Any insight, anyone?
 
Hi,

my application was complete on November 17th. I know that is really late but I am wondering if anyone else was complete around that time and has already received an ii? I am getting really nervous waiting and seriously regretting that I applied so late. Any insight, anyone?

I did mine in mid Oct and I've heard back from them at the end of Oct. it was surprisingly fast.
 
Last edited:
Hopefully this thread isn't too dead but I have my first interview ever this Wednesday Jan 10th. for Touro. I'm kinda nervous so I was hoping you guys can give me a few tips on how to do well.

Also did anyone choose to stay at the Courtside by the Mariott that the email suggested? I'm driving up from SoCal but I haven't finalized my living arrangements yet. I'm curious to know how that would work.
 
Does any current insights about the rotation at Touro during p3 and p4? Is the rotation sites well established? And also the curriculum? In terms of the actual classes taken i couldn't get much info from the websites, like how other school would put the p1 schedule on the pharmacy web page, I couldn't get these info from their web page..,, any info is appreciated !
 
Does any current insights about the rotation at Touro during p3 and p4? Is the rotation sites well established? And also the curriculum? In terms of the actual classes taken i couldn't get much info from the websites, like how other school would put the p1 schedule on the pharmacy web page, I couldn't get these info from their web page..,, any info is appreciated !

Everything is in the catalog here, http://cop.tu.edu/_resources/documents/catalog.pdf
 
Hopefully this thread isn't too dead but I have my first interview ever this Wednesday Jan 10th. for Touro. I'm kinda nervous so I was hoping you guys can give me a few tips on how to do well.

Also did anyone choose to stay at the Courtside by the Mariott that the email suggested? I'm driving up from SoCal but I haven't finalized my living arrangements yet. I'm curious to know how that would work.
I've interview at Touro twice now....was designated High Waitlist the first time and didn't get in... interviewed again last month.....and I'm happy to say I got my acceptance letter yesterday!!!! The best advice I can give for the group interview:

1) Don't rush to always answer first, take a moment to THINK about what you want to say and how you will say it.

2) Even if you completely agree with something already said, always try to expand upon the other person's answer in some way. Basically try to provide something unique with every answer.

....and by the way, I interviewed with Dr. Yoshizuka 🙂 he does come off as very difficult, but I like to think his bark is worse than his bite. He is very particular about getting the specific answer to the questions he asks, so make doubly sure you are LISTENING to exactly what he is asking. He kind of tore apart another interviewee who didn't actually answer the question that was being asked, and it threw the poor kid off for the rest of the interview 🙁

Also, I would recommend staying at the Courtyard Marriott if you can. When you check in they tell you what time to meet in the lobby the morning of the interview, then a shuttle driver picks the group up and drives you to campus, then after the day is over you will be led right back to the shuttle and driven back to the hotel. I liked this option because I didn't have to worry about driving to the campus, the roads on the island can be kind of confusing your first time there.

Also, GOOD LUCK!
 
I just got my acceptance letter! I was surprised because I didn't think I did too well in my interview. My interviewers were so difficult and asked tough questions. But I'm glad I got in!
 
I agree... It was a good experience interviewing with Dr. Yoshizuka. I was so depressed after the interview though that It wasn't too bad looking backward. It made my following interviews at other school way more prepared. And funnybunny, congrats on all the interviews! Do you mind sharing you preference for CA school?
 
Just withdrew my application from Touro since I got into the school of my choice. Hopefully this will help open up another slot to the hopefuls =)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree... It was a good experience interviewing with Dr. Yoshizuka. I was so depressed after the interview though that It wasn't too bad looking backward. It made my following interviews at other school way more prepared. And funnybunny, congrats on all the interviews! Do you mind sharing you preference for CA school?

Thanks! Originally I had wanted UCSD as my first school of choice but now I'm conflicted between Western and UOP. I think I'm going to send a withdrawal to Touro because I would rather attend the other CA schools. Haven't heard from USC yet but I'll consider it once I hear something back.
 
I just got my acceptance letter! I was surprised because I didn't think I did too well in my interview. My interviewers were so difficult and asked tough questions. But I'm glad I got in!

Did you received your unofficial email first? If yes, at what time did you receive it?
 
Hello 🙂
I will most likely apply here (I know it's late), but would like some clarification on the number of LORs required. On PharmCAS it says 4, but on their website it says 3. Can someone please clarify this? Thank you.
 
Hello 🙂
I will most likely apply here (I know it's late), but would like some clarification on the number of LORs required. On PharmCAS it says 4, but on their website it says 3. Can someone please clarify this? Thank you.

I had only had 3 and it was fine.
 
Hey everybody, I got accepted to Touro and paid my deposit. Is there a facebook group for the new students yet? If not I'm willing to make one.
 
Last edited:
My interview was sometime in January, and I heard back the next week. Also, I submitted my pharmcas late Octobor and got invited for the supplemental the first week of December.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello! I am going to be going for an interview for California North State 3/21...does anyone have pointers?
My stats:
3.2 GPA
BA Chemistry
Pharmacy: 7 years....
 
my interview is next week. how did you guys prepare for it. i have no experience shadowing a pharmacy. are there questions specific to pharmacy regulations and laws, drug names, scenarios of patients in the pharmacy and how to deal with such situations? any tips and suggestions would help. i know someone before me asked same question but more details would help
 
I also have the same problem as above ^. I submitted my supplemental application pretty late, and haven't heard back yet. Can anyone share what kind of questions Dr. Yoshizuka asked? Also, for those of us interviewing later on, is the possibility of getting in super slim? Thanks!
 
Hello everyone.

Touro is my first and only interview. I submitted my application very late, and my interview is on April 25. For those who are experienced in pharmacy school interviews, what types of questions do they ask? What are they trying to observe in their applicants?

Unfortunately, I my background and experience is not up to par when compared to those who have multiple years as a pharmacy technician, or someone who has been involved in special/unique organizations or active groups. The only credits and experiences I have are: 3.5 GPA in Microbiology, high school tutor for general chemistry and anatomy, and 1.5 years of work experience in laboratory in the neutraceutical industry. When I was an undergrad, I was involved in a variety of leadership and social activities that required diligence and teamwork such as: science council (student govt), dormitory resident advisor, fraternity, helped start a pre-pharm club during my last year in college. And during all of this, I was employed on-campus at the university library and registrars office.

So, what would you recommend, what would you suggest, and how else can I prepare for the interview? Thank you so much in advance. I look forward to reading your replies.
 
Hey, I just got accepted and I wanted to know if there are any current students on this that can tell me about the school and the curriculum and how they like it. Thanks
 
Just got an interview invite and I'm gonna be interviewing on April 25th. Don't know what to make of it since it's so late in the interview process.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone that signed up for the e-mail notifcation for acceptance receive the e-mail the day that the decisions were supposed to be sent out? I interviewed April 4th and they said decisions would be sent out today the 19th.
 
anyone that signed up for the e-mail notifcation for acceptance receive the e-mail the day that the decisions were supposed to be sent out? I interviewed April 4th and they said decisions would be sent out today the 19th.


I also interviewed April 4th, and did not receive an email notification. I sent Marcos an email the day before to confirm, but I got an autoreply saying that he's been out of the office since Monday. I figured, that means no emails were sent out.
 
I also interviewed April 4th, and did not receive an email notification. I sent Marcos an email the day before to confirm, but I got an autoreply saying that he's been out of the office since Monday. I figured, that means no emails were sent out.
thanks for the reply. at least i can relax knowing that i wasn't the only one that didn't receive anything.