You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro California
Started by eskyesther
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Don't worry I have an interview in May.Just got an interview invite and I'm gonna be interviewing on April 25th. Don't know what to make of it since it's so late in the interview process.
I interviewed on the 4th as well and I just received a letter from them on the 20th but no email confirmation. I got in! I wish you guys the best and that you eventually get in, or into the school of your choice.I also interviewed April 4th, and did not receive an email notification. I sent Marcos an email the day before to confirm, but I got an autoreply saying that he's been out of the office since Monday. I figured, that means no emails were sent out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received the letter in the mail as well, I also got in! Good luck to everyone else.I interviewed on the 4th as well and I just received a letter from them on the 20th but no email confirmation. I got in! I wish you guys the best and that you eventually get in, or into the school of your choice.
Congratulations to everyone that got accepted and good luck to those that are still waiting!
I also interviewed on April 4th and just got the acceptance letter! I wonder if we were in the same group dizzan and jusstoogood?!
I'm glad to hear that alot of us are getting accepted from the same interview date! =) see everyone in the fall!
I also interviewed on April 4th and just got the acceptance letter! I wonder if we were in the same group dizzan and jusstoogood?!
I'm glad to hear that alot of us are getting accepted from the same interview date! =) see everyone in the fall!
Congratulations to everyone that got accepted and good luck to those that are still waiting!
I also interviewed on April 4th and just got the acceptance letter! I wonder if we were in the same group dizzan and jusstoogood?!
I'm glad to hear that alot of us are getting accepted from the same interview date! =) see everyone in the fall!
Where are you guys from? Are you all from California?
I'm from Cali but can't speak for the rest.Where are you guys from? Are you all from California?
Where are you guys from? Are you all from California?
Yes I am from California and like dizzaN said I can't speak for the rest
I'm from California like dizzaN as well!
Where are you from? Did you interview on the 4th of april as well?
Where are you from? Did you interview on the 4th of april as well?
I'm from California like dizzaN as well!Where are you guys from? Are you all from California?
Where are you from? Did you interview on the 4th of april as well?
Hi Gseun, congrats on getting an interview. My advice for the interview process is to stay calm and be confident. Be sure to read your application before you go and practice your essay writing skills. There are no SET interview questions. Every interview is different depending on the person interviewing. My best advice is to know current pharmacy trends, your application and always stay calm. Touro tends to like people who have strong communication skills and interact well with others. You seem to have a lot of experiences under your belt - utilize them because your experiences logged on your application got you that interview.Hello everyone.
Touro is my first and only interview. I submitted my application very late, and my interview is on April 25. For those who are experienced in pharmacy school interviews, what types of questions do they ask? What are they trying to observe in their applicants?
Unfortunately, I my background and experience is not up to par when compared to those who have multiple years as a pharmacy technician, or someone who has been involved in special/unique organizations or active groups. The only credits and experiences I have are: 3.5 GPA in Microbiology, high school tutor for general chemistry and anatomy, and 1.5 years of work experience in laboratory in the neutraceutical industry. When I was an undergrad, I was involved in a variety of leadership and social activities that required diligence and teamwork such as: science council (student govt), dormitory resident advisor, fraternity, helped start a pre-pharm club during my last year in college. And during all of this, I was employed on-campus at the university library and registrars office.
So, what would you recommend, what would you suggest, and how else can I prepare for the interview? Thank you so much in advance. I look forward to reading your replies.
Just got an interview invite and I'm gonna be interviewing on April 25th. Don't know what to make of it since it's so late in the interview process.
Don't try to make anything of it. You got the interview! Do your best! If they are still interviewing- they still have spots.
I'm from California like dizzaN as well!
Where are you from? Did you interview on the 4th of april as well?
I'm also from California. I just got the acceptance yesterday, it was sent to my old address (I updated my address on PharmCAS months ago, but I guess they never changed it in their system). I was about to have an aneurysm. Glad I checked the old apartment.
See you in the Fall!
I'm also from California. I just got the acceptance yesterday, it was sent to my old address (I updated my address on PharmCAS months ago, but I guess they never changed it in their system). I was about to have an aneurysm. Glad I checked the old apartment.
See you in the Fall!
Do you mind sharing some of your statistics?! Thanks and congrats !!!
I'm from Chicago, one of the only ones out of state that was interviewing on the 4th. See you all in the fall.I'm from California like dizzaN as well!
Where are you from? Did you interview on the 4th of april as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on being accepted. Please join the "Touro University CA College of Pharmacy c/o 2017" FB group to introduce yourself, to find roommates, and/or to have any questions answered. We have about 20+ current Touro Pharm students (P1-P3) in the group to answer questions.
link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/120962884755739/
link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/120962884755739/
I just received my acceptance through unofficial notice! I interviewed on April 17th. Can't wait to meet everyone this fall!
Hello all...congrats to all those accepted and best of luck to all those still waiting to hear the good news. I was wondering if any on here not accepted or offered an interview were offered to apply/enroll in Touro-CA Masters Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences?
Impressions? Information about it?...
Impressions? Information about it?...
Hello lake23! I highly recommend applying for the master program in pharmaceutical science at Touro . I am currently a MS-PS [specifically MSMHS-PS] student here at Touro and I can't express how much experiences I was able to obtain through this program. You can't gain these experiences just by volunteering on your own. Here are just of the few examples, i was able to sit in on many of the pharmacy lectures, assist in data collecting with some of the P3/P4/pharmacy resident's research projects, and shadow a clinical pharmacist. There are two tracks (health outcome and basic science) and I was matched in the health outcome track. They really do try and make you as competitive as you can be. I also got accepted to Touro PharmD program as well. But I want to stress this out, they only GUARANTEE you an interview so it is up to you to show them your passion in why you want to be a pharmacist.Hello all...congrats to all those accepted and best of luck to all those still waiting to hear the good news. I was wondering if any on here not accepted or offered an interview were offered to apply/enroll in Touro-CA Masters Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences?
Impressions? Information about it?...
Last edited:
Hi Mary,
You PM me requesting additional information about the MSMHS-PS program. I couldn't send this message to you because it said that you inbox was full. I hope you were able to check back on the Touro forum. Here are the following answers to your questions.
I am currently not a pharmacy student. I am just a MSMHS-PS student at Touro but I got accepted to Touro PharmD for the upcoming Fall. However, the benefits of the master program is that you get the opportunity be involved with research with some of the third year and fourth year pharmacy students. You can also get the opportunity to sit in on some of the pharmacy lectures (provided you obtain permissions from the faculty) in order to gain knowledge about your research projects.
In terms of how people get selected to the program, they select participants who are very good candidates but something are lacking in their applications (e.g. low gpa, not enough pharmacy experiences, etc). It is truly an invitation basis with the PharmD applicants credentials taken into account to gauge eligibility. Therefore, it could be applicants who couldn't get an interview, got waitlisted or was rejected.
I truly recommend applying for this program because many of the experiences you get from this program would be difficult to obtain on your own or through volunteering. The mentors really do try and make you as competitive as possible.
If you have another additional questions please feel free to message me. Please make sure you clear the messages in your inbox or else I can not PM you back. Good Luck!
You PM me requesting additional information about the MSMHS-PS program. I couldn't send this message to you because it said that you inbox was full. I hope you were able to check back on the Touro forum. Here are the following answers to your questions.
I am currently not a pharmacy student. I am just a MSMHS-PS student at Touro but I got accepted to Touro PharmD for the upcoming Fall. However, the benefits of the master program is that you get the opportunity be involved with research with some of the third year and fourth year pharmacy students. You can also get the opportunity to sit in on some of the pharmacy lectures (provided you obtain permissions from the faculty) in order to gain knowledge about your research projects.
In terms of how people get selected to the program, they select participants who are very good candidates but something are lacking in their applications (e.g. low gpa, not enough pharmacy experiences, etc). It is truly an invitation basis with the PharmD applicants credentials taken into account to gauge eligibility. Therefore, it could be applicants who couldn't get an interview, got waitlisted or was rejected.
I truly recommend applying for this program because many of the experiences you get from this program would be difficult to obtain on your own or through volunteering. The mentors really do try and make you as competitive as possible.
If you have another additional questions please feel free to message me. Please make sure you clear the messages in your inbox or else I can not PM you back. Good Luck!
Any one on the waitlist?
Yup. Anyone hear anything yet?
Hey!! thanks a lot! I was accepted into COP Class of 2017!
Anyone else out there who was accepted as well? Im looking for great roommates to live with, and if you are too, please email me. [email protected]
Anyone else out there who was accepted as well? Im looking for great roommates to live with, and if you are too, please email me. [email protected]
Hello! I havent seen a facebook group yet. I say go ahead and make one. Ill immediately join. Email me at [email protected]. I was also accepted for COP 2017Hi, when was your interview and when did you hear back from them? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone from waitlist heard back recently??
did you hear from them yet?
Hey there chiuchowgirl,
I applied to the MSMHS-PS program and had my two phone interviews. I emailed the two professors thanking them for the opportunity to interview to show my gratitude. I have a background of cancer research and both professors I spoke with did cancer research so we had that in common. I hear back this Wednesday if I am in or not... so anxious!!
I applied to the MSMHS-PS program and had my two phone interviews. I emailed the two professors thanking them for the opportunity to interview to show my gratitude. I have a background of cancer research and both professors I spoke with did cancer research so we had that in common. I hear back this Wednesday if I am in or not... so anxious!!
Regarding to the MSMHS-PS program, I applied and got the acceptance email earlier today. Good luck to those who are still waiting!
Though it is not a guaranteed acceptance, email also said that 100% of the students from MSMHS-PS last year who interviewed got accepted into the PharmD program this year.
Though it is not a guaranteed acceptance, email also said that 100% of the students from MSMHS-PS last year who interviewed got accepted into the PharmD program this year.
Last edited:
kwtran, congrats on your acceptance!! I wish you all the best. If I don't hear back by tomorrow then I can assume the worst.. Did they just email you or call as well?
kwtran, congrats on your acceptance!! I wish you all the best. If I don't hear back by tomorrow then I can assume the worst.. Did they just email you or call as well?
Thank you and good luck to you too sameer! They just emailed me with the acceptance form and deposit instruction.
Hi, I am on the wait list. Does anyone know where they are in this process? Just curious. And who here on the wait list already gotten an acceptance. Anyone from the medium wait list get accepted yet?
Thanks!
I havent heard from them yet either. Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist yet?
Hey guys I've been put on the waitlist as well..still waiting to hear back..
Any update anyone?
Any update anyone?
Not yet.....has anyone heard back yet?
I'm posting this for a friend:
Hi everyone!
My name is Jenny and I am a fellow incoming pharmacy student. I am currently leasing a house with another 1st year pharm student. The house is less than 10 minutes from campus. And rent is $400/month for your own bedroom and a shared newly renovated full bath. Utilities (electric, water/sewer, trash, internet) are already included in the rent payment. The house comes fully furnished and your bedroom comes with a dresser, bed, and desk (if you choose to use them).
Here's the link to photos of the house:
http://s686.photobucket.com/user/MegKenworthy/story/10457
Here's the link for the bedroom:
http://pbr686.photobucket.com/albums/vv223/MegKenworthy/031.jpg?t=1368850357
Sorry to bother anyone who already has living arrangements, but please forward this to anyone else you know that still needs a room for the upcoming school year.
Thanks!
Jenny
[email protected]
Hi everyone!
My name is Jenny and I am a fellow incoming pharmacy student. I am currently leasing a house with another 1st year pharm student. The house is less than 10 minutes from campus. And rent is $400/month for your own bedroom and a shared newly renovated full bath. Utilities (electric, water/sewer, trash, internet) are already included in the rent payment. The house comes fully furnished and your bedroom comes with a dresser, bed, and desk (if you choose to use them).
Here's the link to photos of the house:
http://s686.photobucket.com/user/MegKenworthy/story/10457
Here's the link for the bedroom:
http://pbr686.photobucket.com/albums/vv223/MegKenworthy/031.jpg?t=1368850357
Sorry to bother anyone who already has living arrangements, but please forward this to anyone else you know that still needs a room for the upcoming school year.
Thanks!
Jenny
[email protected]
Does Touro offer any scholarships? I'm not from Cali but I am looking to apply. My only reservation is the cost. The cost of living is so expensive in Cali as well. How do students deal?
Does Touro offer any scholarships? I'm not from Cali but I am looking to apply. My only reservation is the cost. The cost of living is so expensive in Cali as well. How do students deal?I just received my acceptance through unofficial notice! I interviewed on April 17th. Can't wait to meet everyone this fall!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad